Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg1000 (43F53AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased this HP Pavilion laptop around three months ago, and only a few weeks ago have I encountered this issue.

Frequently, when I boot up my laptop, it will not detect any nearby Wi-Fi. This has happened on 3 different wi-fi networks, and other devices have no issue connecting to those networks, so I know it's an issue with this device specifically. After some troubleshooting and trial & error, here is what I've found:

-After running the troubleshooter in the Network & Internet section, it says "Trouble with Wireless Adapter or Access Point."  The first few times I encountered this issue, the troubleshooter was able to temporarily fix the issue, but it no longer works.

-Deleting and reinstalling the wireless adapter from the Device Manager initially worked as well, but no longer fixes the problem.

-In the Device Manager, when you click on the properties for the adapter, it says that the device is working normally. 

-Using the "Network Reset" option does not work.

-Loading the new update for the wireless driver did not fix the problem.

-The only thing that currently works is to shut down the computer, use F2 to open the Hardware Diagnostics menu during startup, and run a test on the Wireless Module. After running this test, the Wi-Fi will work as expected when the computer starts up. However, even this is not 100% reliable.

Here is the information about the wireless adapter: MediaTek MT7921 Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter

I was wondering if anybody else is having the issue, or may know how to solve it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, I think I have found a solution.

My laptop is HP 15S-fq4041ns, and it had the same problem.

I downloaded the zip, clicking on "download dirver", unzipped and right-clicked on the ".inf" file, clicked install and rebooted.

Apparently these drivers work, I don't know if it will be a temporary or permanent solution, at the moment it works correctly.

I hope that solucion the problem, like to me.

HP Recommended

Me too.  Worked with HP support and they eventually sent a system recovery drive, which is a pain.  1after reinstalling windows it worked for awhile but it's starting again. It mostly happens with watching YouTube videos. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem as you. I'm looking for a solution right now with another backup computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.