Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1093tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This started happening recently, almost a month ago. When I log into the game, it works fine for some time until the Wifi Adapter suddenly crashes and there is no internet connection available. I have to manually restart the adapter to connect again. I've tried everything, including- downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10, resetting network logs using CMD (netsh winsock reset, etc.), updating the driver several times manually, unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Driver properties. The game used to work fine before, just as other games and software. Can't seem to understand the cause for the problem. Why does turn off automatically? Is there a problem with Windows? Or is it my hardware? Please Help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @krraft,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an audio-related issue with your HP product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• Was there any update prior to the issue?

While you respond to that please try the below steps:

Update the BIOS, & Chipset drivers to resolve this issue

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

If the issue continues, restart the PC and run a F2 Diagnostics and run component test for Wi-Fi Adapter

If the hardware fails, then you will get a 24 Digit Failure ID. If the hardware test is pass, then please try to re-install the operating system once using HP Cloud Recovery. :  HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool.

NOTE: Please make sure you take a backup of all your data before re-installing the OS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.