Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP p077tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP p077tx laptop and it's under warranty. 

Like since 2 months i am having problems with wifi like my wifi adapter used to be unavailable after i woke up my laptop from sleep. I mean the wifi wasn't just disconnected but there was no wifi adpater under device manager list. Once i selected scan for hardware changes it usually used to be back again.

But on the last wednesday it just didn't and now it's gone forever. Tried restarting several times which didnt help ofcourse. 

I thought of restoring system using windows system restore to a date before i had this problem. Now as the laptop booted again the wifi was back and working normally as it used to. I never put my laptop to sleep but just turned it off. Next morning the wifi was still working and i thought the problem was solved but that was only before i put my laptop to sleep again and it was gone later. 

I also tried removing the drivers installed for it from programs and features but it didn't allow me to uninstall them and popped an error saying it cannot be removed .\update 65.

There's no option of uninstalling the driver from device manager as i mentioned it doesn't even show up in the list.

So i tried resetting the laptop and same thing which happened for a system restore happened. After putting the laptop to sleep it didn't work any further.

Plz help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ManjrekarOm,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the WiFi, and wanted to assist you!  I see that the issue seems to be related to when the notebook returns from Sleep Mode.

First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @ManjrekarOm,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the WiFi, and wanted to assist you!  I see that the issue seems to be related to when the notebook returns from Sleep Mode.

First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
Tried all the steps once again its still not there!

Just wanted to make it clear, the problem is not just after i wake up my computer from sleep mode.

What i am saying is i restored my system and also resetted my laptop after that.

The wifi works for the initial boot later on if i put it to sleep it stops owrking completely. Restarting doesn't solve the problem. There is no wlan adapter under device manager
HP Recommended

Hello @ManjrekarOm,

Thank you for the information!

Did you go through all of the steps mentioned in the document?  I understand that the WLAN Adapter does not seem to be showing.  Try using the following document, to test the WLAN Module, using the Components Test: 

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Yes sir i went through all the steps from the previous link!

Also, i went through the above link you provided. So according to it i should check wireless module right?

I ran that test. It gives a warning saying that the wireless module is NOT INSTALLED.
HP Recommended

Hello @ManjrekarOm,

Thank you for the quick reply!

There seems to be either an issue with the WLAN Module, or it may not be connected properly.  If you are comfortable with the process, you can try to open the notebook to check the WLAN Module using the following guide: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 6, Page 96-98).

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.