Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook W0N84AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a windows 10 update wireless and bluetooth are not available.  I can access with an ethernet cable but am not getting the option to connect via wireless.  If I try to access network and internet setting wireless is not an option.  If I look at my device drivers bluetooth doesn't show up.  If I look at device drivers and network adapter WLAN is not there, just WAN.  

I tried using the HP Recovery Manager and the  Reinstalling Drivers and Apllications has been disabled.

HP support assistant doesn't find that it needs the missing drivers when I run it.  I don't think it's even detecting that it has wireless or bluetooth.

I'm guessing I need to reinstall drivers, but how do I make sure the old wireless drivers are uninstalled first if they are not showing up in the the device drivers network adapter?  How do I remove them from the registry to reinstall them?

any help much appreciated.

THanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok I got the issue resolved.  In an effort to help others who may have this same issue in the future here is what worked for me to SOLVE the issue.  

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175

Step number 5 Manually change network settings is the step that finally fixed it.

Thanks for your help and patience CherylG

Issue SOLVED

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Have you tried a wireless/bluetooth driver from your Support page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-17-y000-notebook-pc-series/10862315/model/132009...

Download and Save the drivers. Unplug ethernet and install them. If no joy try doing a hard reset.

Disconnect all external devices first.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 15 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.

4-power on

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

This didn't work either.  

This all began after the windows creator update.  I don't know if that helps.

HP Recommended

I would uninstall Creator Update if you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOWUB5tIwM

Use these steps to uninstall the Windows 10 Creators Update from your PC, laptop, or tablet, and go back to a previous version of the OS. Note: Windows 10 Creators Update will release in early April 2017 (reportedly on April 11th), and once you install it, you only have 10 days to remove it. Then
HP Recommended

This didn't work either.  I was able to recover the older version of windows but the issue still exists.  I'm now running 1607 anniversary eddition.  I''ve tried the other solution again but still the same issue of no wifi and no bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

Follow the steps:

1. Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

2. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

3. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

4. Follow the On Screen instructions.

If still no joy- seems to be a BIOS level issue since it occurs after rolling back Windows 10. Have you checked in BIOS setup to see if there is a setting to enable wireless? If there is none just reset to Default settings by tapping F5 then F10 to Exit and Save.

HP Recommended

Troubleshooting did not change anything.  

BIOS has WLAN and Bluetooth both enabled.  

I've gone back through the steps and still no dice

HP Recommended

Ok I got the issue resolved.  In an effort to help others who may have this same issue in the future here is what worked for me to SOLVE the issue.  

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175

Step number 5 Manually change network settings is the step that finally fixed it.

Thanks for your help and patience CherylG

Issue SOLVED

HP Recommended

Another of the oddities of Windows 10. Thanks for taking time to post solution to help others who may run into the same issue.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there are only 4 steps on the linked webpage. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.