Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8460p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Have the Elite book 8460p 64 bit laptop with Windows 7.  I recently partitioned the hard drive and installed Windows 10 for dual boot.  My wireless internet works fine in the Windows 7 side, but in the Windows 10 side it tells me the WiFi is not connected.  It worked right after installing Windows 10, but has stopped.  I have gone through troubleshooting which told me to turn on the wifi with the wifi button.  That doesn't work.  When I open the network icon on the bottom right if the screen, it won't let me turn on the internet.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Go to HP.COM Software and Driver downloads page and check if there is a wireless driver available for your HP  Elite book 8460p that is compatible with Windows 10 OS. If it is available you may download and install it and restart to check your wifi connection. 

For any other help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.