Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-15-2022 11:40 PM
I have noticed that whenever I am on battery power and I have used around 30% of my battery: for example, starting from 100% charge, if battery drops to 70%,
my pc automatically disconnects from the connected wifi. Not even that, it is unable to find any more wifi networks. I tried disabling and reenabling wifi, wifi adapter, switching to high performance mode, turning off power saving for wifi adapter, but nothing works. The only way I can reconnect is to restart the PC. Then it works again for the next 30%. I believe this is a problem with realtek adapters on windows 11, because it works flawlessly on my other system with intel adapter or on this system, when using linux.
Here's why 5G Wireless mode from driver properties for reference.
Any solution is much appreciated because I am not interested in keeping my laptop always connected to a wall charger or in high-performance mode forever.
10-16-2022 06:43 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Let me check your current system configuration before we take care about wireless device ...
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:
( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Please report your results
10-24-2022 05:43 AM
Thanks for reporting.
(1) Create Windows system <restore point>
(2) Download and install
Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers
(3) Restart Windows
(4) Test wireless connection
(5) Please report your results
10-24-2022 05:44 AM
We continue ...
Before we decide whether you need a <new battery> or not ...
(1) Download and install
(2) Start <HP Support Assistant>
- Run <Battery Check>
- Click on <Show advanced information>
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report your results
10-24-2022 05:55 AM - edited 10-24-2022 05:56 AM
I think you misunderstand me. My problem is not my battery, but my Wifi. My Wifi disconnects randomly, when on battery power.
For example, it is perfectly fine right now. But when my battery reaches around 60%, it will disconnect
10-24-2022 06:16 AM
|Please < calibrate > your battery ...|
(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"
- Click "Uninstall device"
- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification
(2) Shutdown notebook
(3) Disconnect charger
(4) Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds
(5) Connect charger and wait until battery is fully charged ( check LED indicator )
(6) Start notebook and log in to windows and wait a few minutes
(7) Reboot notebook and --->>> rerun Battery Check
(8) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community