Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15-k004ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey guys , this isssue is one I have been struggling to fix . It happened 6 months ago when I was surfing the net and suddenly the laptop is disconnected from wifi . I tried to fix it in every possible way by researching online (using my phone) . Well , since none of it worked I took the liberty of going to a local comp. store to get it fixed and it did work . But just yesterday the very same happened while I was downloading games . I'm open to any kind of suggestion so if u guys have any , feel free to speak .

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @RNB98,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are no longer connected to the Wi-Fi network. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for this,

Have you tried to connect to another network with this notebook?

* Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers from Device Manager.

* I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update the Wi-Fi drivers using this link.

* Update the Bios by visiting this Link or through HP Support Assistant using an Ethernet cable.

* Now try to connect to the internet Wirelessly.

* For further assistance, Click here

Here's a related HP Forum post that seemed to have helped others: Click here 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Jeet

Thank you for replying. I tried all the steps you mentioned above but they were only temporary fixes because the problem kept arising . I'm actually using a wireless adapter now but I'm sure this too will only be temporary .
Looking forward to more suggestions .

With regards
HP Recommended

Hi @RNB98,

You're welcome 🙂 I appreciate the time taken to troubleshoot. As I understand you have already tried the steps suggested and still having the same issue, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply . I will try this out and inform you about the progress asap .

With regards
HP Recommended

Hi @RNB98,

You're welcome. 

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hey , I just visited the guy at the repair shop who replied to my call (hp customer care) . He said there was a problem with my wireless card and it needed immediate replacement . I didn't believe that and was even more convinced after hearing the repair cost . I decided to give up on that and continue my search for more solutions .
Thank you for your time and effort .

With regards
HP Recommended

Hi @RNB98,

Thanks for the update, As I understand you have diagnosed the issue to be with the wireless card. Let me go ahead and assist you from here:

In this scenario, you could visit our HP Part store to get the part replaced or you can go ahead and purchase an external USB Wireless adapter for your laptop.

Link to visit HP Part Store: Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.