Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi. Just opened this laptop a few days ago. My husband swears he got online with it then. Just gave it to my daughter and we can't connect to the Internet. In the control panel when I ask it to connect it says Windows did not detect any networking hardware.

Hp stream running windows 10 64 bit
Intel 2.16ghz
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, you might try downloading the Wifi driver from the hp.com site from another computer and reinstall it on the Stream.

HP Recommended
Is it just called WiFi driver?
HP Recommended

I'm not sure what model Stream you have but for my Stream 11 it's called the "Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver".

HP Recommended
I have no WiFi driver listed anymore in device manager.
HP Recommended

Run the driver executable from hp.com and it should hopefully add the device.

HP Recommended

Hey @Emhavens

Welcome to the HP Support Forums where solutions, suggestions, other community members and help is just a click away! I read your post and I understand that you are unable to get your Notebook to connect to the internet. I also see that some other community members have jumped in to try and help. 

I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue or if you still needed help. If you still need help, my first suggestion would be to use the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet Tool. At the bottom it will ask you questions to help narrow down the issue. 

To better assist you and look at your product specifications, I would need some information from you. Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

You can find steps that might help in the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document.

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager? If not, please uninstall the driver in the Device Manager using the following steps:  

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

If you liked my suggestions and want to show appreciation or one of them helped resolve the issue for you, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution buttons below.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

I am glad that you joined in!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hey guys. I never could find any drivers so I just went out and bought an external WiFi adaptor. It works now of course but I don't know why it disappeared in the first place. Thanks for trying to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.