Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ay513tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have am using windows 10 (64 bit) in HP Notebook 15-ay513tx.  I am facing a wireless adapter problem from last week. After using laptop for some time, the wireless adapter gets uninstalled or sometimes it gets disappeared from network connections. To get it back I have to go to the device manager and uninstall the drivers and again reinstall the drivers and restart the computer. I have to do this after almost every hour or one and hour of usage.
I have searched in internet and gone through mostly possible answers regarding wireless adapter problems. From them I have found many solutions but none of them works. The solutions which I have tried are as under.

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
  • Update BIOS  and WLAN driver.
  • Unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  • Selected "Maximum Performance" in advanced power settings.
  • Reset the wireless router.

None of the above solutions worked.

My wireless adapter is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn wifi adapter.

I request you to look into this matter and give me some suggestions to overcome this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Krishanu_18 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing wireless connectivity issues.

Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Click here 

Try these steps: 

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If issue persists, continue with the below steps: 

• If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane. 

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.

But my problem still is not solved. The solution you mentioned, I already tried it before. The guided link which you have given is not working for me. So, please tell me another way to resolve my problem. Due to pandemic situation I am able to go to HP Centre physically. 

I am requesting you to reply and find suggestions for me as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance !! 

HP Recommended

@Krishanu_18

I understand your concerns.

In that case, Please perform the wireless module test and let us know.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose the wireless module and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.