Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-1400 Entertainment Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I replaced the wireless card at my noteboook. When I reboot, I get the error message:
Wireless module not supported.
WLAN Module ID (702).
The data related to my notebook are the following:Notebook.jpg
The wireless card installed by me is as follows: Intel dual band wireless AC 7260.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your model is subject to the HP whitelist implemented in the BIOS. The laptop will not boot with an unsupported wireless adapter installed. This is well documented on the internet just google HP wifi whitelist. There is no easy or good workaround and all the wireless cards supported on that age of laptop are going to be obsolete. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your model is subject to the HP whitelist implemented in the BIOS. The laptop will not boot with an unsupported wireless adapter installed. This is well documented on the internet just google HP wifi whitelist. There is no easy or good workaround and all the wireless cards supported on that age of laptop are going to be obsolete. 

HP Recommended
How do I know which Wi-Fi cards are compatible?
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

Page 21:

Intel Wi-Fi Link 5100 802.11a/b/g WLAN module for use in all countries and regions 482957-001

Intel Wi-Fi Link 5100 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN module for use in all countries and regions 480985-001

Broadcom 4322 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN module for use in Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Canada, the Cayman Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the United States 504664-001

And looking at this list the Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11a/b/g/n would operate in the 5 ghz band but possibly only in 802.11a mode.

https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-HDX16-HDX18-Wireless-480985-001/dp/B00LJMPWYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

Also true of the Broadcom:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-BCM94322HM8L-802-11abgn-495830-001-504664-001/dp/B00M0ZY77U/ref=sr_1_2?s=e...

In fact all 3 of these cards can connect to an 802.11a 5ghz router. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.