Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have am using windows 10 (64 bit) in HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p210.  I am facing a wireless adapter problem form the last 10 to 15 days. After using laptop for some time, the wireless adaptor gets uninstalled or sometimes it gets disappeared from network connections. To get it back I have to go to the device manager and uninstall the drivers and again reinstall the drivers and restart the computer. I have to do this after almost every hour or one and hour of usage.

I have searched in internet and gone through many answers regarding wireless adapter problems. From them I have found many solutions but none of them works. The solutions which I have tried are as under.

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
  • Unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  • Selected "Maximum Performance" in advanced power settings.
  • Reset the wireless router.

None of the above solutions worked.

Then I generated wireless adapter report using "netsh wlan show wlanreport" command in command prompt. I have attached screenshot of the same.

I request you to see this report and give me some suggestions to overcome this issue.

My wireless adapter is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn wifi adapter.

Report1.jpg

Report2.jpg

Report3.jpg

Report4.jpg

Report5.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@SanjayGandhi,

Thanks for responding.

I found that the PC came with Windows 8.1 and you will have to restore the PC to 8.1 first and then through the windows update, you will again be prompted for a free Windows 10 update.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello, @SanjayGandhi – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

Going through the post, the issue seems to be with the Realtek network card / drivers. I understand you already tried uninstalling & reinstalling the same, but try the steps as mentioned below:

• First, click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77046.exe to update the PC BIOS.
  • Once the BIOS is updated, restart your computer.
  • Go to device manager – Select uninstall on the “Realtek” Wireless drivers.
  • But in the uninstall confirmation window, click the box which says “Delete the driver software…”
  • Once the uninstall process is completed, Restart the computer again and check.

Let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Thanks & have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Dvortex

Thank you for your reply.

I have done all the steps which you have mentioned. After doing all the steps which you have mentioned, the router automatically disabled and enabled after every one or two minutes. So I updated its driver over internet. After that it worked fine for 1.5 hours and again it got disappeared.

And after the problem continued.

I request you suggest me some other things which can solve this problem

HP Recommended

Hello @SanjayGandhi,

Appreciate your efforts.

It looks like an issue with the Realtek network adapter / drivers. As per my knowledge, Realtek stopped supporting the drivers after Windows 8.1. This might be the reason for this issue.

Since the available Windows 10 drivers are not working I'd suggest doing a recovery on your PC. Recovery will reset your PC to its factory state. Please check http://hp.care/2cf8noz for details.

I would also suggest replacing the Realtek network adapter with a different manufacturer, preferably "intel" if possible. You can check http://hp.care/2gRQmR0 (Page 3&4) for the supported wireless adapters.

If your notebook is under warranty, then you can contact HP Phone support. You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Dvortex

Thanks for your suggestion. But I would like to know something if you can answer.

Can a clean reinstall of windows 10 solve this issue? Because I am using Windows 10 for almost a year and this problem has surfaced only 15 - 20 days ago.

I can not find list of supported adapters in given link on given page numbers.

Can I buy one of these adapters from official HP site?

HP Recommended

Hello @SanjayGandhi,

Thanks for the reply.

You can definitely try a clean install of  Windows 10. That is the reason I asked you to perform a system recovery. 

Also, if the issue persists, these are the possible adapter options for your PC:

Capture.JPG 

I would suggest you go with the "Qualcomm Atheros", "Broadcom" or "Intel". You can buy them from http://partsurfer.hp.com/ if available or you can purchase them by contacting HP Phone support as well. You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

Hope this answers your questions, and have a nice day!

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

If I do a recovery then my system will go back to 8.1. So I inquired about doing a clean install of Windows 10.

Thank you Dvortex for your support.

HP Recommended

Hi@SanjayGandhi,

Thanks for the responding.

IF the PC came with the Windows 8.1, then restoring the OS will revert the PC back to the same.

But if you have a Windows 10 retail copy, then you can try the clean install of it and check if that takes care of the issue.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have free updated version of win 10. So can I use existing serial key to reinstall it?

HP Recommended

Hi@SanjayGandhi,

Thanks for responding.

I found that the PC came with Windows 8.1 and you will have to restore the PC to 8.1 first and then through the windows update, you will again be prompted for a free Windows 10 update.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.