Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 17-n106nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 11

I decided to upgrade from Intel AC 7265 to Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210.
Upon startup, the laptop gives me the error "wireless not supported".
Can it be a whitelisting problem? Is there any way to identify a compatible network card?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you got an error like that, then there must be a BIOS whitelist.

I'm kind of surprised by that since HP removed the whitelists from most of their notebooks in 2014.

I guess yours must be one of the few where it still existed.

Chapter 3 of the service manual indicates that your notebook had come with the best Wi-Fi adapter HP offered in the model series.

HP ENVY NotebookIntel Models 17-n100 17-n1993D camera Models 17-r100 17-r199 (worldwide)3D camera Mo...

Personally, I would not have taken such a bold move as you did, and probably would have experimented with this model Wi-Fi adapter which you can find on eBay by searching by the HP part number.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

But since you got that wireless module not supported error, I am not confident that even the AX200 would work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.