Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wireless just suddenly stopped working.  The normal wireless icon on the taskbar disappeared and is now just a world icon when disconnected.  When running the network troubleshooter, it says I need to attach an ethernet cable.

I checked the device manager and there is a yellow triangle on the wireless adapter.  This is what the properties tab says:

timmtamm_1-1589659870707.png

I tried to update the drivers on it and it came up with this error: 

timmtamm_0-1589659563796.png

I tried to manually download and install the drivers and it has the exact same error.

I even tried to get the driver directly from Intel and when I tried to install from there, it says "a fatal error occured durring installation."

I tried uninstalling the device and then refinding the device and that did nothing.

I tried the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool, and it did not find any problem with the wireless adapter (although it did fail to test the wired network because UEFI was not enabled in the bios or something, but when I went to the bios, there is no option to allow any UEFI for network that I could figure out.)  

Any help PLEASE!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

by the way, the ethernet for the computer does work, it's strictly the wifi with the problems.

Other devices are able to connect to the wifi without problem.

HP Recommended

To install wifi driver in kali linux 2020.2 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWocVw8vUZU&t=4s

HP Recommended

did you not see that I'm using Windows 10?  I know nothing about Linux.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.