Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4007na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 13-4007na

The wireless on my device has been playing up over recent weeks. All other devices connect fine, so I'm sure it's this device which is the problem rather than the WiFi network. It could be the antenna, but from what I see the connections look fine so I'm wondering if the wireless card has developed a problem. It's the original Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

I could replace it with the same model, but I see that new versions have been launched, including a faster model. The models I've seen are...

Intel Wireless-AC 9260

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

I've heard mention of white-listing and possible conflicts with vPro versions, but not sure if they apply to this specific device.

So I wondered if anyone had any experience or advice in this area? Will the 9260 work in this device (I can see it used in newer Spectre models), and if so, does the PCIe slot support the faster speeds? Do I need to buy the non-vPro version?

I can't see any particular benefit in going to the 8260 or 8265, so if the 9260 doesn't work, I will probably just stick to the 7265.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just an update on what happened next...

I didn't get any replies and I found mixed feedback on other forums, but for £20 I thought I'd give it a go.

So I installed the Intel Wireless-AC 9260. After 1 week all seems to be going well so far after. I'm getting a strong reliable connection. I use an Orbi RBR50/RBS50 and am getting an 802.11ac connection with receive/transmit speeds of 866/780 (Mbps). As my internet speed is only 38Mbps, that'll do nicely. Also gave me a Bluetooth upgrade at the same time.

Easy to install, only the antenna connections were a little fiddly so make sure you have the right tools to do this delicate operation (would be a nightmare if the plugs got damaged). It booted up fine and connected to the network, but I ran the Intel Driver & Support Assistant which gave me the latest driver updates.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just an update on what happened next...

I didn't get any replies and I found mixed feedback on other forums, but for £20 I thought I'd give it a go.

So I installed the Intel Wireless-AC 9260. After 1 week all seems to be going well so far after. I'm getting a strong reliable connection. I use an Orbi RBR50/RBS50 and am getting an 802.11ac connection with receive/transmit speeds of 866/780 (Mbps). As my internet speed is only 38Mbps, that'll do nicely. Also gave me a Bluetooth upgrade at the same time.

Easy to install, only the antenna connections were a little fiddly so make sure you have the right tools to do this delicate operation (would be a nightmare if the plugs got damaged). It booted up fine and connected to the network, but I ran the Intel Driver & Support Assistant which gave me the latest driver updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.