Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus 16-e0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a new HP Victus gaming laptop and from the moment I got it it had connection issues. The Ping is overall decent but every 10-20 second seems to spike up to 2000ms. It also shows less bars than my previous laptop did and I'm sitting in the same spot. Other devices in the house connect a lot better with the wifi so i'm not sure what the issue is here. I tried a troubleshooter, reinstalling the drivers and changing the settings of the network adapter but nothing seems to work. I believe the issue lies with the realtek network adapter but i'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues and if they can be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The official HP driver version 6001.0.10.344 is now available. 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136987.exe

Also, a Bluetooth driver update is now available.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136892.exe   

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a newer driver HP has for that model wifi adapter than what is on your notebook's support page.

Here is the link to the driver and the release notes...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp121001-121500/sp121426.exe

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where the network band option is not displayed in the Mobile hotspot page of the Settings menu when the previous driver version is installed. (RTL8852AE)
- Fixes an issue which causes Wi-Fi throughput to degrade when the system is not close to the Access Point. (RTL8852AE)
- Fixes an issue which causes Miracast to disconnect after the Access Point (AP) bandwidth or channel are changed. (RTL8852AE)
- Fixes an issue which causes Wi-Fi performance to degrade when an Access Point (AP) scan is triggered. (RTL8822CE/RTL8821CE)
HP Recommended

this driver file added on hp website still does not solves the issue

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too,I try to put my old laptop just beside the Hp Victus 16 and the wifi connection and very stable and strong.I tried to updated the driver to the newest version but the problem are still exist.

HP Recommended

I believe the issue you are having is similar to mine  (4J954EA#ABU 15" HP Ryzen 5 with the RealTek Wifi 6 card), I am having issues with the WiFi too (model HP ENVY x360 15-eu0004na).

I believe this is the Realtek card as I have other WiFi 5 HP Envys that don't suffer from poor wifi issues.

Unlock your creativity and productivity with specially designed focus music for writing. Our study music is perfect for concentration, helping you work more effectively and get more done. Focus music is a powerful tool for enhancing a person's creativity and productivity. Listening to the right ...
HP Recommended

I have downloaded this file.  It does not seem to install on my new HP Laptop with windows 11 OS.  any suggestions?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp121001-121500/sp121426.exe

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Try disabling one of the 2.4G / 5G modules in the driver settings. In my case WiFi seems to be more stable when turned off 2.5G mode.
Yesterday I unpacked my laptop, today the hotline ask me to send it to the service for 1.5 weeks. No more HP.

HP Recommended

I have the same issues on a new Pavillion Aero 13. The WIFI signal is really weak/instable, although I am also using a brand new WIFI 6 router. Driver updates and upgrade to Win 11 did not improve the situation at all. Very dissapointing.

HP Recommended

Hey all.   I was able to stabilize mine after a few days of working on it.  The signal strength is still about 40% of my other 4 yr old laptop and 5 yr old cell phone running on AC but at least it is consistent and stable...  Still thinking of returning this thing!   Essentially dumbing it back to AC and removing AX options, forgetting and reconnecting to the networks made them stable.  for almost a grand I expect better!!!

Issue:  Extremely poor signal strength 10% of my other devices at best.  Constant network drops unless I was a few feet (less than 15 with direct line of sight to a brand new TPLink AX11000 or TPLink Archer C3200 or TPLink Archer C1600).  Network drops were every 10-15 seconds.  

HP x360 Envy Ryzen 7 from Costco

I tried each of the following and they didn't fix it:  6001.0.10.313, 316,317,329      Note:  317 will cause bluescreens, dont use it.

What worked for me:

Please note:  I had to forget all of my wireless connections after doing these to cause it to be stable.  

Current stable configuration is as follows:  

Driver is 6001.0.10.329 that came installed on it. 

Adapter Properties > Advanced > 2.4G Wireless Mode: IEEE 802.11/b/g/n

Adapter Properties > Advanced > 5G Wireless Mode:  IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac

Adapter Properties > Roaming Aggressiveness: 2. Lowest

All other Adapter Properties were left default.

Hope you have luck.  I'm tempted not to get HP involved and not press my luck but this is my daughter's school laptop we bought for her to use the next few years and it keeps dropping her out of class with her teacher.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried all of the drivers listed for my device on the HP Support site.  Unfortunately none of them made any difference on my system.  None of the three .inf files made any change to the function of the wireless or signal strength.  The driver that came on it isn't even available on the site.  

HP Envy x360 Ryzen 7

Purchased a month ago.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.