Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I also use an Hp Pavilion 15 eh-1070wm. I installed the driver and immediately went from 1 bar to 4 bars. 

Why hasn't HP addressed this issue with an updated driver. It's so clearly needed by many people. The driver they provide does not work.

HP Recommended

Sorry, neither version 304 nor 306 did  improve the situation for me. I do see a stronger signal at times, but my connection quality is still poor. Up & Download rates are worse than with v329.

HP Recommended

Interestingly, the older version of the driver seems to do the job.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112083.exe

Thanks Barn_wtk for the link.

HP Recommended

That was a great tip. The driver  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112083.exe  boosted my signal strength for 5GHz Wifi, from 35%  to 99% . Thank you very much Barn_wtk  for sharing it.

HP Recommended

Thanks Barn_wtk. Your solution works for me so far.

Solves pretty much 99% of the issues but occasionally while streaming video on the 2.4ghz bands is wonky but once I switch to 5ghz bands, its fine.

Just wondering, if I upgrade to win11, will the drivers still work

HP Recommended

Thank you!

The sp112083.exe worked great!

I went from 35% to 85% wifi strength and no more disconnection issues. Strange that a driver from a year ago is what worked best after trying several drivers. I was about to return the laptop, but glad this worked.

Per suggestion I disabled the 2.4G Wireless Mode in the Advanced setting tab.

As mentioned in this thread I had to click "Let me pick from a list available drivers on my computer"

HP Envy x360 - AMD Ryzen 7 (from Costco)

Realtek RTL8852AE

Driver Date:  11/22/2020

Driver Version:  6001.0.10.304

HP Recommended

Your solution  to use old driver definitely provide better signal strength however I have two same HP laptops sitting side by side one with intel wifi card and other one had this garbage realtek card and if constant pings to 8.8.8.8  from Realtek one i get latency of 383 ms all the way upto 400 ms whereas on intel wifi adapter result shows 13 or 15 ms 😞

HP Recommended

First of all, thank you to everybody who recommended the older driver v304. It did a trick for me with one caveat that might help to all people who tried the v304 without success.

Once I ran the installer, the driver didn't automatically replace the previous driver I had. I actually had to go to the Device Manager, find the card in the Network Adapters section, open the details, switch to the Driver tap and use the Update Driver option there. If you installed the v304 driver, you should see "6001.0.10.304" in the "Driver Version" line there.

As a sidenote, another version that seems to be working for me is 6001.0.10.324 from Lenovo website. I figured that the brand isn't important, the chipset and the Windows is. You can run the installer to extract files and then use the Update Driver method above by pointing it to the directory files were extacted to.  Here's a link just in case: https://support.lenovo.com/tc/en/downloads/ds552451-realtek-rtl8852ae-wifi-driver-for-windows-11-64-...

HP Recommended

Hey Barn_wtk,

thank you so much, your solution seems to work for me as well. Reception went up from "one unstable bar" to full instantly after installing the driver version you recommend.

I am also using an HP Pavillion 15-(dk2xxx) - a brand new one and I was really sad to find out that for quiet a bit of money, I bought product with such an essential flaw. But if the driver provides steady wifi, I'll stick with it. 🙂

HP Recommended

Same problem -  as ever Microsoft!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.