Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm not experiencing any issues with v334. I am not watching my pings though as I don't consider them important. My connections are solid, and my speeds are on par with Intel based laptops I tried. 

As for suggestions, you may try to switch Windows to the "best performance" mode to see if it affects the adapter.

HP Recommended

Cud u pls help how do I change the settings of Windows to "Best Performance"

HP Recommended

To change your power settings in Windows 11, you need to hit the "windows" key, type "battery settings", select the "Power, sleep and battery settings" to open System settings, scroll down to the "power section", where you can switch the power mode.  

HP Recommended

I have a gaming HP laptop with this dreaded card too.

The card has 3 major issues:

1. General random instability

2. Agressive power savings in battery mode

3. Increased instability while using bluetooth for audio

There are at least 2 things you can do to improve it, besides updating the driver. Make sure you using the latest driver with HP Support Assistant or Windows Update before doing the following.

1. In device manager, go to the realtek wifi adapter, in advanced tab select 'roaming aggressiveness' and change it to "2 - Lowest". This should help a bit with the random instability like the sporadic high pings.

2. The card has agressive power savings in battery mode, regardless of Windows wireless power settings. The card has a threshold where it goes into high performance mode if the device is using at least 128Kbps of bandwidth, in other words, latency/ping is good while the card is downloading at least that minimum bandwidth. This completely kills online play as games have variable data usage many times below 128Kbps of bandwidth. There's nothing more rage inducing than having high ping in games but realtek doesn't seem to care. You can fix this in two ways: by keeping the battery saving settings enabled and keep something like a radio stream with that bitrate running in the background while playing a game or use a registry setting change to completely disable the agressive battery savings. Open the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe) and go to this path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}", do a search in this key for "Realtek RTL8852AE" without quotes. In the found key, on the right side panel, find the "LpsEn" value and double click it. The "value data" should be set to 2. Change it to 0 and press ok. Now restart the wifi adapter in Windows settings or network adapters in control panel. There you go, no more high latency spikes while in battery mode regardless of bandwidth usage.

For 3. you can disable the 2.4Ghz band in Advanced tab in device manager but I don't recomment it as you may need it. Just avoid being on a 2.4Ghz network while using bluetooth audio as much as possible as both wifi speed and latency will be greatly affected.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

BTW, HP has made available a newer driver version 6001.0.10.341. Hopefully, it is as good as v334, only better 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the heads up. It's still not available on my laptop model but got from another one.

The agressive battery savings on battery mode causing high ping is no longer an issue so no longer need to apply the registry fix. Have to test further to see if stability is better. Performance with BT audio and wifi 2.4Ghz does not seem to be better but I'm pretty sure other wifi cards are not much better in this use case.

HP Recommended

Does it works for me thanks a lot 

HP Recommended

I had similar issues with a brand new Envy 360 ryzen 5. HP was no help. It definitely had to do with AC vs DC power.  On AC, it was fine, unplug and ping time to the router was awful.  Changed windows power settings, etc, but nothing fixed it. Thankfully Lenovo cares enough to post a new driver.  I tried everything else and the new driver fixed it. I don't know where to get version 341 that people mentioned, but lenovo has 340 here:

[Content Removed]

The readme says 

[Problem fixes]
 - Fixed an issue that ping gateway IP has packet lost and high delay.

Well, I assume that was just how we end users could prove there was an issue and the actual issue is fixed.

Also says it is now compatible with Windows 11, which my laptop shipped with.  Way to go HP, shipping out a computer with drivers that aren't support in the OS you are shipping.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi everyone -I  now have a working "new" "repaired" computer!!!  The retailers said they had to load drivers, reload Windows 11 and the bios and so on.  So I do not know just who  is to blame for what - maybe the list of drivers below may mean something to some of you.  I certainly will not buy another HP and will continue to avoid Microsoft if at all possible.

All the best  Ralph THETIFFIN

THETIFFIN_0-1643728899871.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.