Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion g7 2200ew
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP pavilion g7 2200ew Wifi card update needed to 5GHZ network. please help

Thx

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Either one of these models should work...

Dual band N:  Max 300 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

Dual band AC:  Max 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part #  724935-001

You should be able to find the above 2 wifi cards on eBay.   Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

Thank you for quick reply.

I found this if i buy this product - Same HP part number but different manufacturer

Wi-Fi AzureWave N27204 724935-001 HP

it will work too?

Thx

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, the AzureWave Broadcom card was made for HP, and since it has that part number, it should work fine.

HP Recommended

Wi-fi card finaly arrived - 

WIFI HP from a PROBOOK 730668-001 SPS#697316-001 Hp p/n 666914-001

but my laptop does not see any network at all 😞 also there is no bluetooth icon.

Tryed different options but without success...

The card is recognized by system(model etc), we can also switch it on/off but on the taskbar the icon tell's its off (small globe - no network)

Can you help please?

THX

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that the Broadcom card didn't work.

I have heard of anyone that has run into that issue before with the Broadcom wifi card.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if you can mask Pin 20 on the card to get the wifi to work.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1617280621785.jpeg

Watch this video...it is for the Intel card, but maybe it will work for the Broadcom card too...

You might also need to mask PIn 51 to get the Bluetooth to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3HCmC1zu24

HP Recommended

Thank you for quick reply. Unfortunately this solution (with masking pin 51 and 20) not worked for me 😞

Probably my laptop will not support 5Ghz wifi card at all.

THX

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, it must not.

I guess it is just the g6-2200 models with the AMD processors where the dual band wifi cards can work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.