Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-r063tu Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently upgraded my pc from windows 8.1 to windows 10. After uprading to windows 10 hosted network support is disabled but in windows 8.1 there hosted network support was enabled and it used to work fine. When i run the program "netsh wlan show drivers"  in command prompt(admin) then it shows the message stated below.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show drivers

Interface name: Wi-Fi

Driver : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Provider : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Date : 21-07-2015
Version : 2023.15.701.2015
INF file : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem28.inf
Files : 1 total
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys
Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver
Radio types supported : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b
FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes
802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes
Hosted network supported : No
Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode:
Open None
WPA2-Personal CCMP
Open WEP-40bit
Open WEP-104bit
Open WEP
WPA-Enterprise TKIP
WPA-Personal TKIP
WPA2-Enterprise TKIP
WPA2-Personal TKIP
WPA-Enterprise CCMP
WPA-Personal CCMP
WPA2-Enterprise CCMP
Vendor defined TKIP
Vendor defined CCMP
Vendor defined Vendor defined
WPA2-Enterprise Vendor defined
WPA2-Enterprise Vendor defined
IHV service present : Yes
IHV adapter OUI : [00 e0 4c], type: [00]
IHV extensibility DLL path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
IHV UI extensibility ClSID: {6c2a8cca-b2a2-4d81-a3b2-4e15f445c312}
IHV diagnostics CLSID : {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Interface name: Wi-Fi
'Interface' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Now I am facing a major problem with this issue. So, please try to solve my problem as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the added detail. From what I can see you're not the only one experiencing this issue, it looks like something Microsoft will have to assist you with. 

The best I can suggest is to take a look at some of the suggestions here: Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter driver windows 10.

If the issue persists, you might consider contacting Microsoft.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hey @maity_elp, welcome to the HP Forums! 

I found something that I think might help. I understand that since upgrading to Windows 10 your hosted network support is disabled. Please take a look at the following article and try the solutions presented: Fix The Hosted Network Couldn’t be Started Error in Windows 10.

If this resolves the issue, please be sure to click the Accept as Solution button below to mark your post as solved. If the issue persists, let me know and I will do all I can to help. 

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Maam this was not helpful. Beacause when I open the device manager and expand the network adapters section by clicking on "show hidden drivers" I can't see the "microsoft hosted network virtual adapter" that's why i can't enable it and I can't start my laptop as a wifi hotspot. Now I am inserting a screenshot in which you can see what i have seen after expanding the network adapters section in device manager.Screenshot (152).png

Please try to solve my problem as soon as possible. I am facing a major problem with this issue.

HP Recommended

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Although I don't see any mentions of a fox, you might consider using the driver page for your model to reinstall any network drivers that are available for your computer: Driver-Network (5). If that fails to resolve the issue, since you could create a hotspot in Windows 8, I can only suggest you revert back to the original factory operating system.

Best of luck! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Please mention the driver which I have to install. And i can't go back to windows 8.1 because I have formatted my laptop after upgrading to windows 10. There are many drivers in the list and the physical driver have not been given in the laptop(e.g. NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver ). So, mention the corresponding driver setup.

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me again. Before we go ahead and install anything, let's remove all of the drivers from the Device manager under Network and restart the computer. After doing some additional research, I believe the drivers are conflicting with one another. Windows may be installing what it thinks you need, and the HP Driver that you actually need could be interfering with what's there. 

When you right click and uninstall/delete each driver  you may be given the option for driver only, or software and driver; please choose the software and driver option. 

After you restart, see if your hosted network works. If it does not, open the device Manager again and send me a new screenshot so I can see what you see. 

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Maam please mention the particular driver names which I have to uninstall or delete. You can see the screenshot of network adapters section which I have sent you before. From there please help me to select the correct drivers which I have to uninstall or delete.

I have tried a few steps which you suggested me to follow but it shows something different. I am inserting a screenshot below. Screenshot (153).png

Rply me soon.

HP Recommended

Go ahead and uninstall/remove all of the drivers under Network.

As for the message you see, click OK and continue

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

After uninstalling all the drivers wiil it be possible to connect with internet? because it will be impossible for me to work without internet. rply me soon. after your confirmation I can proceed.

HP Recommended

Yes, you will be able to connect to the internet after you delete the drivers and restart the computer. When you restart, the computer will reinstall the driver automatically. The idea is to get rid of what is conflicting with what you actually need. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.