Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17cd0150nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i like to upgrade the network card intel model 9560NGW with a intel ax200 wifi6 card. My laptop has a i5 cpu -9300H.

Before i purchase the network card , i like to know for sure if i have the right model.

Please let me know if anyone have experience with this issue. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, we don't have any feedback from forum members who tried to upgrade the wifi card in that model series.

Most apparently are happy with the 9560AC.

The only suggestion I can offer if you want to experiment with an AX card that has the best chances of working, would be to install this part number...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You should be able to find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

The HP parts store in The Netherlands also has the card in stock...25.14 euros.

HP Parts Store - HP computeronderdelen - HP printeronderdelen - Compaq onderdelen

If you decide to take a chance on the card, please post back and let us know if it worked or not.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 17 Laptop PC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, we don't have any feedback from forum members who tried to upgrade the wifi card in that model series.

Most apparently are happy with the 9560AC.

The only suggestion I can offer if you want to experiment with an AX card that has the best chances of working, would be to install this part number...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You should be able to find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

The HP parts store in The Netherlands also has the card in stock...25.14 euros.

HP Parts Store - HP computeronderdelen - HP printeronderdelen - Compaq onderdelen

If you decide to take a chance on the card, please post back and let us know if it worked or not.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 17 Laptop PC

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I deinstalled my previous Bt and Wifi drivers, then i installed the new drivers for the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro. At last i change the network adapers and it works like a charm. My download and upload speed are higher . So thank you verry much.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, and thanks for letting us know that the HP Intel AX200 wifi card works in the 17-cd0xxx model series notebooks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.