Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hi evry one i have hp pavilion dv6-6b90se and my wireless capability is turned off

i downloaded the driver software but my wireless not fixed:smileysad:

in trouble shooting these two notification will appear

(wireless capability is turned off)(A Network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken)

please help me 

and thank for all.......

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi pashew,

Sorry to hear about your wireless problem. I will be happy to assist you. What version of operating system are you running? Below is a link on how to find that if you need it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

my windows is widows 8 enterprice

HP Recommended

Hi pashew,

I have included a link that should walk you through turning on your wifi.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3448449/how-turn-of-wi-fi-bluetooth-in-windows-8/

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i done these steps and did not work my wifi:smileysad:

HP Recommended

Hi pashew,

What troubleshooting tool did you use? The build in one that comes with Windows? So the wifi is turned on but it won't connect. Are you getting any error messages when trying to connect? Can you see your wireless network? Is it just your wireless network that you are having problems connecting to or all networks?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
can you help me, i have a window8. how do i turn on wireless capability
HP Recommended
Hi there, it seems like everywhere I've searched for help is the same story.
Did you finally get help with your WiFi?
The responses I get are the obvious ones that do not solve the problem, the WiFi switch itself is not accessible, it has the fades colour that shows that you can't click it.
HP Recommended
I have window 8 hp pavilion g6 notebook
HP Recommended

Hi @sudeep2,

Welcome to the HP Forum!! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns:  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More  What is your exact model of HP notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? 

Is this a recent occurrence? Have you made any recent changes? Was it previously working? To turn the wireless on or off in Windows 8 use the following steps:

• Press the Windows key +C or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open Charms
  • Select the Settings charm and click Change PC settings
  • Select Wireless
  • You can now change the Wireless settings to on or off. 

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs Up Icon” to show gratitude! 🙂

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.