Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dm3 1010et
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have installed windows 7 ultimate 64x to my hp laptop and wireless adapater capability is turned off, wireless capability is turned off and cannot turn it on, the button doesn't work and i cant even update my drivers from hp website.I choose hp pavilion dm3 1100 series and then nothing happens.i installed my drivers from driver booster.How can i turn it on again without the button cuz the button is gone

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for that model series since it is more than 10 years old.

That is why you cannot find any drivers for it.

To get the wifi working, you probably need to install the wifi driver.

I have no idea what model wifi adapter HP installed in your notebook, so please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed in the device manager as a Network Controller.  That is the name Windows gives the wireless card when it needs a driver.

Use this guide to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

Then I will give you the link to the wifi driver from a model that has the same wifi adapter that still has driver support.

HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 00.32.25.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 00.32.24.jpeg

HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 00.32.24.jpeg

HP Recommended

idk why i cant send photos

Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g 

PCI\VEN_168&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_3040103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_3040103C

PCI\VEN_168&DEV_002B&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_168&DEV_002B&CC_0280

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_3649103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_3649103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

HP Recommended

Hi:

So from your screenshots, the wifi and ethernet drivers are already installed, and should be working.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest W7 Atheros wifi driver that HP has for that model wifi adapter.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70859.exe

You may also have to install the HP Quick Launch Buttons driver to activate the wifi button.

This package contains the software that enables the HP Quick Launch Buttons,
which are special function keys on HP Notebooks. This software works with
supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49104.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response but there is no shortcut in the keyboard for the wifi. there is just button on the side and it doesn't work.Do you now how to enable it without button for windows 7? maybe a bios update could work, the current version of bios doesn't have a option for turn on or off wifi.I'd be very appreciated if you help 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to help you with that problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.