Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavillon g6 notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

when i open the notebook it only shows black screen with the message:

"wireless module not supported. the system has detected a wireless module installed in the system is not supported. system halted. please remove device and restart . WLAN module ID (702)"

before this, i just checked and installed the updates from windows update last night then this happened when it restarted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hart_21

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you performed a Windows update and now the Notebook is not booting up with an error regarding the wireless module

I'll try my best to help

Since this issue just started after the update, I suggest you performed a System Restore to an earlier time before this problem started

- Shut down the computer completely.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
- If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
- On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.
- On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
- Click Windows 10 as the target operating system.
- The System Restore window opens. Click Next.
- Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.
- The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
-Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
- Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
- System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hart_21

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you performed a Windows update and now the Notebook is not booting up with an error regarding the wireless module

I'll try my best to help

Since this issue just started after the update, I suggest you performed a System Restore to an earlier time before this problem started

- Shut down the computer completely.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
- If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
- On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.
- On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
- Click Windows 10 as the target operating system.
- The System Restore window opens. Click Next.
- Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.
- The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
-Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
- Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
- System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for your help, my notebook is nor open. but i'am afraid to turn it off, because it might happen again. should i do something beffore i turn it off? thanks in advance for your response.

HP Recommended

@hart_21

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

You should not get any issues,

However, you can select Windows update manual and whenever there is an update, you can go ahead and install it manually.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem, my notebook is the pavilion g4 with windows 10. I tried to enter to the recovery mode pressing f11 but it doesn't work, the error message always appear before enter to the recovery mode.

There is another way to do it?

Thanks in advance 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.