Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have g6 notebook and i have windows 7 homebasic that my laptop came with (i never changed it).

I removed the recovery partition from my hard disk.

when i restarted my laptop its doesn't open its just showing a black screen and error 0xc000000f.

error

And i waste two days searching for a solution, but unfortunately i didn't find any similar problem.

pleaae help!

MT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Can you also post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your g6 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Can you also post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your g6 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi.

I made the Hard Drive test, there's nothing comes up! (Its Clean)

And here's my laptop info:

Product name: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Product number: B7R83EA#ABV
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
Microprocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
System memory: 6GB

So Please! tell me what to do after this step!

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Rescue CD.  Download the ISO from the links below.

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  Once created, or if you already have this, tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Insert the Rescue CD.  Select Boot options ( usually f9 ), use the arrow keys to select the CD/DVD drive and hit enter.  You may also get a prompt to 'Press any key to continue' - do this if asked.

When loaded, select Repair Your Computer and choose the Command Prompt.  When this loads, enter the following commands and hit enter after each one - include spaces as shown.

Bootrec.exe

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h -r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

Remove the Rescue CD and try rebooting the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi.

And thank you, but i just had i small problem with burn the image into the DVD.

This message comes up, i don't know what to do?!

HELP PLEASE!!

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried using ImgBurn?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Yes, and i used a lot of else of programs and still the same message 😞

HP Recommended

Hi,

Does the PC you're using to create the disc, burn other media Ok?  Try burning the ISO to a blank CD - do you still get the same error?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I'm using DVD, i should've to use CD?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, try a CD.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.