Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello i have a hp envy m6 laptop, when i start my computer a blue screen apears which read

RECOVERY

Your PC needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because tthe digital signature of a fie couldn't be verified.

File:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\hpdskflt.sys

Error code: 0xc0000428

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your instalation media. If you don't have any installation media (ike a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again (nothing happens, restarts and i am back to this screen)

Press F8 for Startup Settings (Goes to safe mode option but when i select any option restarts and i am back to this screen)

Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Setting (6 Options apear)

1 F1 Sytem Information (Only Gives Product Information)

2 F2 Syste Diagnostics (Diagnosed the system took approx 4 hours but was back on the blue screen)

3 F9 Boot Device Otion (Booted window 8.1 on My USB Went to repair my computer, but repair failed)

4 F10 BIOS Setup (Goes to BIOS Setup)

5 F11 System Recovery (Tried Startup Repair from here as well but failed)

6 ENTER - Continue Startup (Returns to the Blue Screen)

Please provide help urently 

thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Ash52,

Thank you for the quick reply!

There is a driver you can download, that should resolve the issue for you.

Try checking this site.  Once there, input your Product Number and click "Go". You can select your product on the next screen, using the drop down "+", on the right. On your product support page, you can select Software and Drivers, then click the "Go", that is under Option 2. Once you select your Operating System and click "Update", you should be able to access and download the driver. The category that you are looking for is Software-Solutions.  The name of the driver will either be HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection or HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection), depending on your product.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Ash52,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the Blue Screen error, and wanted to assist you!

Please review the following resources, as they may help to resolve the issue for you:

HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Status: 0xc0000428 Windows cannot verify the digital signature of this file

Solution to 0xc000428 when dual booting Win7 and Win8

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but none of the link worked for me, so i have seccesfully formated my computer, but now i am facing a new problem, in the device manager a driver does not install under the other devices, an unknown device with the hardware ids 

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004
ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

i have installed all the drivers for my laptop from Hp Drivers & Download, but still this driver does not get installed

HP Recommended

Hello @Ash52,

Thank you for the quick reply!

There is a driver you can download, that should resolve the issue for you.

Try checking this site.  Once there, input your Product Number and click "Go". You can select your product on the next screen, using the drop down "+", on the right. On your product support page, you can select Software and Drivers, then click the "Go", that is under Option 2. Once you select your Operating System and click "Update", you should be able to access and download the driver. The category that you are looking for is Software-Solutions.  The name of the driver will either be HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection or HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection), depending on your product.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.