Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DC is Dual channel mode which should be your default ram. No worries there as long as you run it as administrator.
HP Recommended

DC could mean dual channel, or just plugged in instead of battery. Not sure what the instruction means.

HP Recommended

DC in this case means Battery Power(DC Voltage) if you try to follow the steps with the AC Adapter plugged in the Firmware update will fail.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I installed the SPHINX with unplugging battery and i think the installation is successfully completed. I checked it, it is ver 0x14. But it doesn't work, the drain continues about ~0,75% per hour after shutdown :Crying:

HP Recommended
And you installed all required drivers on your PC from HP support assistant? Meaning your BIOS version should be F11. That worked for mine. If not you will be forced to contact HP. You might be able to find a friend or family who lives in the states that can help you with shipping it and receiving it back
HP Recommended

limezoft: I had installed all driver in this page include BIOS 11

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-w000-x360-convertible-pc/12499178/mode...

before I installed the SPHINX FIX.

The drain after shutdown still continues :Crying:

Yes, I think I have to send my laptop to HP, I think it'll be a long time to see my laptop again. 

Anyway, thank you very much.

HP Recommended

82 hours later... There was a small drain from 100% to 97%. 

I'll continue to monitor.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Some darain is normal and prefered.  If you keep a Li-ion battery at full charge it will eventaully swell if it isn't periodically discharged.  3% in three days would be acceptable.

HP Recommended

KietUy: First time posting here but just wanted to share my experience. Late 2016 Spectre x360, 13-w023dx (I7-7500U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, now on BIOS F.11) bought almost 2 weeks ago from Best Buy.  I did experience around 0.5% battery drain per hour when shut down, even with USB charging off and fast boot turned off.

I applied the Sphinx fix earlier this week since I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending in my laptop, and luckily I think the problem is resolved.  A few days ago, went from 71% to 70% in 12 hours while shut down which for me is acceptable. Yesterday on hibernate, 77% to 77% in 12 hours, so no battery drain there. BTW, I now have USB charing enabled in BIOS again but fast boot is still turned off in the power settings.

I do not know what component's drivers/firmware the Sphinx fix affects, but it seems to have worked on mine. Another thing too though, and I'm not sure if this matters, is that I manually updated my Windows 10 version from 1511 to 1607 (the anniversary update) since the built-in WIndows Update was not updating automatically.

I read from another website forum a few days ago: In the control panel, "go to device manager->System Devices-> Intel Management Interface->Properties->Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Apparently this fixed the battery drain for some Dell laptop owners. However, I obvoiusly can't say if this works for the Spectre or not since again the Sphinx fix seems to have solved my problem and so I haven't had the need to try it. But since the Sphinx fix isn't working for you, perhaps give it a try?

HP Recommended

jei13: Thank you for supporting me. I 'll try it.

I have the same laptop (Late 2016 Spectre x360, 13-w023dx (I7-7500U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD)), the same settings as you (bios F11, manual update to Win 10 anniversary) and I have bought it from Best Buy too :smileyhappy:. I had updated all driver in HP support pages before I installed SPHINX FIX but the drain continues.

I think it should be an error hardware.  

I'm gonna to send it to US HP this weekend, and it 's about 1 month to receive it.

Anyway, I still love my Spectre (it's a beautiful and nice laptop) and love everyone on this page (for helping me very much to fix it).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.