Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It shows the home page--after too many pages are open it is just white windows.  I had a virus checker (up to date) on it.  It is pretty bare bones now.  Just windows and the drivers I downloaded from the HP site.  Oh ya, and the two itemsIMG_20130930_200159.jpg you suggested--they both came up clean.  Thank you for the suggestions and the response. 

HP Recommended

@Batron,

Try disabling internet explorer and then enabling it. This document will help you do that, once you have unchecked it restart the computer go back in and recheck the box and restart it again.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.  I tried it--it still opens multiple windows.

HP Recommended

Batron,

I would recommend ordering the factory created recovery disk from HP. I believe the ones you receive with the computer were probably made from the computer itself.

You can order them online here, or you contact the HP support desk and order them that way.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response and the quick link.   I will order them. 

HP Recommended

Barton, 

No worries, whenever you get the disk and run them, the let us know how that goes if you don't mind. 

HP Recommended

I definitely will. 

HP Recommended

Batron, 

Great! I will be monitoring your thread. 

HP Recommended

Hello RedRose528,

My discs arrived today.  I did the complete install and it still opens IE still keeps opening windows.  It does it slower if that makes sense.  I can type a word in the search bar--it goes to the site for a second and then it goes back to the home page.  If I close out of the page it will open home page windows again.  Getting the discs was well worth the try--very good price.  Its almost like a key is stuck that keeps opening IE.  Anything else that you can recommend I try?

Thank you again for your time! I truly appreciate it!  

HP Recommended

@Batron wrote:

Hello RedRose528,

My discs arrived today.  I did the complete install and it still opens IE still keeps opening windows.  It does it slower if that makes sense.  I can type a word in the search bar--it goes to the site for a second and then it goes back to the home page.  If I close out of the page it will open home page windows again.  Getting the discs was well worth the try--very good price.  Its almost like a key is stuck that keeps opening IE.  Anything else that you can recommend I try?

Thank you again for your time! I truly appreciate it!  

Batron,

Could you clarify what you mean by writing that you did the complete install ?

The discs contain fresh copy of your operating system the way it is from the beginning (factory default).

The recovery process (installation from discs) involves complete format of the hard disk drive so anything previous will be erased completly and the new fresh Windows will come up on there. From technical perspective, whatever the problem has been, once the fresh image (installation) from the discs has been placed on the HDD, no (software) problems should appear.

If you did the process from the discs and if the IE issues has returned, this means that you might be doing/installing something afterwards that causes the issue.

I would point you to this article from HP -> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418
video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFBWPmy32ms

Please, back up only your most important data (onm external device) such as document, pictures, music, videos, etc.

Then, follow the instructions carefully and recover your machine from the discs you received   (not from the hidden partitions themselves - not from built in recovery manager)

Install up-to-date antivirus software after the process finished (e.g. of some good ones Microsoft Security Essentials, Symantec Norton, Kaspersky AV ... ) and pay attention to any step you do after the re-installation of the machine, every setting you change, every peace of software you install.

Post back to let me know what happens!

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.