Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook

I recently replaced the hard drive in my HP laptop and purchased the recovery disks from HP to restore my OS. Upon receiving the disks and trying to restore them, I found that the disks were corrupt and stall midway through the install. What are my options and will HP send me new disks at no charge?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @HacksPack76,

Sorry to know !!

Please Contact HP  Notebook support they should be able to send you another pair of Discs.

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Ask for the Factory produced USB recovery media, instead of the disks.

An HP factory produced USB recovery flash drive will be a durable product and not prone to scratches or low speed installs.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

So, Customer Support is now charging me a second time for recovery disks they sent me that were corrupted. 

HP Recommended

So, Customer Support is now charging me a second time for recovery disks they sent me that were corrupted. 

HP Recommended

If you have the purchase information there shouldn't be a second charge.

I have asked to have your issue escalated.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@HacksPacks76

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help and look forward to hearing back from HP so hopefully this issue can be resolved and I can have a notebook that actually works again. 

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

🙂

HP Recommended

I had received an e-mail sometime this weekend from a member of the HP staff requesting details about my notebook, but when I checked my e-mail today from work (that's where I have the information requested) the e-mail is gone. Is there anyway to see who e-mailed me about this issue so they could send it again? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide regarding this subject matter. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.