Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

They offered me $125 coupon.

HP Recommended

Left hinge of my Envy TS 17 is pushing the case apart when I open or close it, now the right hinges is coming apart, if this has been an ongoing problem with HP laptops and they've known about it and didn't fix it [Content Removed] any ideas?

HP Recommended

I sent my "envy" to be repaired and was told that I had dropped it and I didn't have a warranty to cover damage. I have looked at the forum and apparently that is their standard reply. I was not the only owner they had lied to. Their first offer was they would fix it for $708.

HP Recommended
They fixed mine without charge outside of warranty. My problem started while the unit was still inside extended warranty but i used to just snap the case shut to "fix" it. Then that stopped working which is when i found this forum and also a related one that was 13 pages long. I think u could go to Fair Trading with a legitimate complaint. There is enough documented evidence on the matter to prove it is a design flaw. There is also a youtube that shows you how to do it yourself if u are that way inclined.
HP Recommended
I have the very same (left) hinge issue with my Envy 17-j171sa laptop, Kevin-t if you could please arrange somebody to contact me either who could advise how this could be solved. It seems that this is a design issue so replacing the base assembly would only solve the problem temporarily. Thanks for your help in advance and look forward to your response.
HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear you were helped. I have been going back and forth for weeks. They said I dropped mine= no warranty.

HP Recommended

Will you help me with the same separation problem. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue, now for a second time. The first timeI was still within the coverage I purchased through BestBuy, but now it is happening again and I am outside of any warranty.

This is clearly a design flaw and it's ridiculous to have spent over a thousand dollars and then have to pay over a third of that cost to fix a clear product flaw. And if I pay for the fix now, how long before it happens yet again (this is already the second time). Never dropped or abused. Sits on a desk for 23.5 hrs per day. I now rarely close it because of this defect.

HP Recommended

@Ziggy16 @Mikohol

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My hinge is broken as well, now the computer always shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity because it thinks the lid is closed.  this laptop has a lot of life left to it, hate to see it go due to a hinge... a little help here hp.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.