Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I believe you only need to uninstall QuickPlay.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Which set of drivers would I download for the HPNotebook 510. Please help.

HP Recommended

@BenPage,

Please post your product number so that we can help you more.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

I have installed the mediasmart software and it works great. I am still having an issue when I have my laptop on and close the lid for standby. When I reopen the lid it doesn't resume automatically, I have to press the power button to get it to resume. I have tried uninstalled the driver and reinstalling it. Please provide some advice. Also, I would like to know why I have two fingerprint readers when I start the laptop from the first time. Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Good to know you have solved the QuickPlay issue.

About standby issue, do you have this issue while in Vista? If it does, I'm guessing you have hardware issue.

or please try older version here

About log on issue, if you have set the fingerprint log on then windows7 would displayed "two accounts", one with regular password and the other one with fingerprint password however both would log on under the same account. Dont worry this is how Windows7 or DigitalPersona set the security.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

i downloaded the hp support assistant and can not get it to launch please help

HP Recommended

Which version are you using?

I prefer not to install HP support assistant but if you insist, try below

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50843.exe

______

HP Recommended

How the trouble shooting can be done  for the upgradation..

HP Recommended

@jacksonstewart3

What troubleshooting are you attempting to do? If you are missing drivers and can't find a match on the first page of this guide, just post what problems you are having and we will try to help.Also post your full model number or PN from the Service Tag on bottom of your laptop.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Cheryl G. ,

Thank you for directing me to this smörgåsbord of WIN 7 update information. I looked on the HP site, but I did not find the concise update information you provided. I book marked and saved the information in case someone else request the same information again.

After I installed Lightroom 3, the Open GL drivers became operational. I think the driver updated through Windows Update because HP Total CAre Advisor seems to only work with 32 bit Vista, which I still have on my laptop residing in another partition. The Open GL drivers are working flawlessly  and it seems that the HP 64 bit drivers work, but HP does not want to continue to have their support personnel obligated to answer support questions related to OS upgrades.

CherylG, thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

LutherH

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.