Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just sent this link to fix issue  but didn't seem to install software can someone else check it seems to not install software ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82755.exe

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I just downloaded SP82755 and successfully installed it on two of my HP laptops.  One is an EliteBook 850 G1 and the other is an EliteBook 8570p.  SP82755 does NOT contain the exe and other files for HP 3D Drive Guard.  It appears to be a "post-requisite" patch to tell Windows that the 3D Drive Guard software is compatible.  The version/softpaq for the HP 3D Drive Guard software I installed was SP82228.  I have a ProBook 450 G3 that I will do next - not expecting any problems.  

HP 3D Drive Guard is now at 6.0.44.1.  The HP Accellerator Driver is now at 6.0.22.1 - 9/20/17.

I hope this is helpful. 

HP Recommended

interesting. I did as you suggested. I no longer get the message after installing DriveGuard via SP82228, AFTER running SP82755. However neithor do i have the DriveGuard Hidden icon after start-up. Do you?

HP Recommended

Stops the error message but HP 3D DriveGuard still not workimg ???

HP Recommended

that appears to be my experience. I am hoping others have better luck.

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing.  It would be nice if HP Support could give us a detailed explanation of what they did to solve this issue.   

HP Recommended

@toby0 @Buildyourpc @Rfulton01 @Snake1968 @M209603

HP's new Updated 3D Driveguard available here for any still looking:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05841987

Not sure why it isn't putting the icon in tray-that may actually have been what Windows 10 didn't like. If the new driver is installed the sensor should still be working even without the icon. I will try to get more info on it.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
I did this, but there is no indication that it is even there. Was this just a cover up until HP actually comes out with the replacement?
HP Recommended

@CherylG

Yesterday I uninstalled the HP 3D DriveGuard v6.0.44.1 Rev.A and 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for amd86-based Systems (KB4048955) from my laptop. This morning, I installed HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) v6.0.44.1 Rev.B (SP82755) from the link given from this thread and 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4048955) (which I downloaded it from http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4048955), not the amd64-based Systems.

Reboot the laptop and no more error messages..

Laptop is running fine.. No errors.. No issues..

Checked the Apps in Windows Settings, the HP 3D DriveGuard v6.0.44.1 (2.61MB) is listed..

HP Recommended

No error but the Software HP 3D DriveGuard not working how is thats an improvement if you try running the software its not working at least try the software before saying its working   ???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.