Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same result best driver but app still not working not supported message every time only started after Yesterday update to windows 10  any help available please tried ever method shown here ???

HP Recommended

The driver included in sp82228 can be "forced" into Windows for the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor.

First remove the software for HP 3D Drive Guard -- it doesn't work. 

Next, select the Device Manager "Driver" tab, select  "Update Driver". 

Then "Browse my computer for driver software".

Then select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" . 

Click on "HP Mobil Data Protection Sensor" and then on "Have Disk". 

Click on Browse and navigate to SWSETUP/SP82228/Intall Files/Win10/accelerometer.inf .  

Click "OK" and the driver should install. 

A restart will be required and now the device driver should be ok. 

3D Drive Guard has to be solved by HP.  Let's hope they do something quickly.

HP Recommended

I tried this process yesterday, and the result is "device already has the most current driver" yet under services etc. I find no evidence the device is actually functioning normally.

HP Recommended

followed instructions now HP Support Assistant keeps telling me to install HP 3D  DriveGuard software again do i do this or not ???

HP Recommended

no need this is a chronic problem. This showed up when 1703 was released. Now we see it with 1709. xxxxxx.64. If you still have support call in a ticket. They more real support tickets we get open the sooner HP will see this rise in the metrics and devote staff, At this piont squeaky wheel....

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

No Version of HP 3D DriveGuard works after KB4048955 update.

HP Update installed latest (HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor) Driver 6.0.22.1

HP needs to fix software.

HP Recommended

Hi, I too have the same problem after the KB4048955 update.

I first installed the SP82228 and then, because it was not working, I also run these statements:

"First remove the software for HP 3D Drive Guard -- it doesn't work. 

Next, select the Device Manager "Driver" tab, select  "Update Driver". 

Then "Browse my computer for driver software".

Then select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" . 

Click on "HP Mobil Data Protection Sensor" and then on "Have Disk". 

Click on Browse and navigate to SWSETUP/SP82228/Intall Files/Win10/accelerometer.inf .

But HP 3D DriveGuard still does not work.

Regards.

HP Recommended

C'mon HP.. We wouldn't be asking the solution if the Support Assistant software sends us a notification pertaining the updated HP 3D DriveGuard Software after updating to Windows 10, Version 1709 Build 16299.64.

Now, I received a notification from HP Support Assistant to download the HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) SoftPaq number: sp81920 Version: 6.0.41.1 Size 47.17MB.

I installed and rebooted my laptop and still the error message pop-up appears, again!

Nonetheless, the software version for HP 3D DriveGuard list in https://support.hp.com/my-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-p200-notebook-pc-series/7486459/mode...

Is still below..

HP 3D DriveGuard Software
Type: Software-Solutions
Version: 6.0.44.1 Rev.A
Operating systems: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Release date: Oct 11, 2017
File name: sp82228.exe (46.5 MB)

Still, it doesn't solve the problem we're facing!

HP Recommended
So new issue with this **bleep**ing software. Can i remove this software permantly since i font need it?
HP Recommended

Is it possible for us to uninstall the Windows update instead and reinstall the HP 3D Drive Guard Software version 6.0.44.1 Rev.A and wait it out until an updated HP 3D DriveGuard version is released by HP for Windows 10 version 1709?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.