Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This happens all the time with my G62. I turn it off and let it sit for a while. When I turn it on it's ok. I've backed up everything on my laptop and will NOT be buying HP in future.

HP Recommended
Please help me, how to service my laptop because boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk 3F0, F2 System diagnostics, for more information, please visit : www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup. How can I do ?
HP Recommended
Same with my laptop, so how can do you do ? Please share with me. Thx.
HP Recommended
Same with my laptop
HP Recommended

just to let you know ~ 3 years later, the link you've provided no longer works.  

but thank you for trying.

HP Recommended

Manuals for all the G42's can be found here, select your model and then click the manuals icon when the page loads.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&tool=&query=G42#N29

HP Recommended

hmmm...mine is aG62

we're trying the suggestion with the hard disk test now ~ looks like another couple of hours to run...have our fingers crossed now.

thank you ~ 🙂 

HP Recommended

Punch in your product number on this page

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en

HP Recommended
I got my computer to work by taking out the hard drive and repositioning it. At first this didn't work because there was some pins that were bent wrong and I had to adjust it for it to recognize the hard drive again. After a couple of retries I finally got it to work. For this problem I suggest to look every where that is connected to the hard drive and make sure nothing is loose or broken on cables or the motherboard. Good luck !!!
HP Recommended

I've had my laptop for a year and a half, and last night, I went to turn it on, and it said "Hard Disk Not Exist," so I read online that I should reseat the hard drive, and I did so, but then, I turned my computer back on, and it said "Boot Device Not Found"!!! 

Please Help!!

HP Pavillion Dv7 3067-cl

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.