Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem. I wanted to use your suggestions but without Internet connection I cannot download anything. I did look at devuce manager and see that there is a problem. The troubleshooter did not see. Under Network adapters the Intel (R) Dusk Band Wireless-AC 7260 properties, it says " Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39 )
{unable to load device driver }
% hs device driver could not be loaded .
error status was 0X% X .
As I can't download any driver, what can I do??
My lap top is the Hp envy touch screen with Windows 8, model #15-u0TIdx.
Please help! I have call in assistance, again with out Internet/wifi connection I cannot be accessed remotely!
HP Recommended

So how did you post this message?  

Anyway, as I said earlier the antenna wires on the wireless card are connected wrong at the factory.  Open the laptop and switch them from one side to the other - the wires are one black and one white.  Easy.  

HP Recommended
On my I phone. do you have any photos of the "switching" wires? I would have thought if. It were wired backwards, it would not work at all. It was actually fine for several moths until some new updates installed.
HP Recommended
Where is that setting located on the router or in the softwAre set up for your router?
HP Recommended
I wanted to thank all of you for your suggestions! Especially jmildraws. I attempted to adjust the setting under power management, but my driver had the yellow !triangle. The power management tab was not there when I right clicked because it had an issue the troubleshooter did not see. The "%hp unable to load device" with other info was under the general tab. I clicked driver tab and attempted to update driver ( Intel dual band wireless-AC 7260), it said it was updated successfully. It was not. Under the driver tab. I then clicked roll back driver and thus lead me to a new window to select Intel or Microsoft wireless-AC 7260 driver; mine is Intel, I did and it installed!! The yellow ! Was then gone from the Network adapter on device manager. I then right clicked the Intel dual band driver under network adapters devuce manager, finally got the power management tab access, unchecked the "allow to disconnect to save power and guess what ??!! I now have my internet access back for a while anyway!!!
Thanks to everyone with helpful info! As to the one person. That wanted to know how I could post with my lap top internet down, that's why it is called MULTI-MEDIA, I.E. --
i-phone!
HP Recommended

Ah, ok!

Remove the bottom of your case  as shown here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04157949

The wireless card is in there and I'm sorry I don't have a  picture.  But it's  got white and black wires attached to it. They're the same connector, so easy to swap.   They go to an antenna that surrounds your monitor itself.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I have a new hp 13.6 pavilion x360, with Windows 10. Every once in a while it would lose the wifi connection or the connection would become limited. After I ajusted the power saving options the problem seems to be gone (if it comes back I will post).

Click on windows icon in lower left corner, type Power Options, click on "Power Options" under best match, then in the next window to the right of the "Plans shown on battery meter" click on the "Change Plan Settings" for the ticked option (probably "HP Recommended (recommended)"), then click on "Change advance power settings", then expand "wireless adapter settings", then expand "Power Saving Mode", then "On Battery" change setting to "Maximum Performance", then "Apply" and close.

This will maintain full power to the wifi card. Your battery life may be reduced but the wireless connection should be good.

There are many things that can cause the wifi to act up, so this may or may not work for you.  Good luck! Let us know if it works.

HP Recommended

I am not alone LOL.... my Envy letting me down while working online.... just handed over to local HP service partner for solving the Wi-Fi issue,,,,, hope they will be able to sort out!!! btw this is disgusting,,, your new hi-fi have a faulty wi-fi!!!

HP Recommended

I have been having the same issue with my wife's Envy 15 x360, where the wi-fi just stops working out of the blue. In my case, it is Windows 10 and the wi-fi adapter constantly becomes disabled.  Sometimes I can enable it just by going into the adapter properties, sometimes I cannot.  Sometimes I can just restart the computer, other times that does not work.  I have changed the power settings within the adapter itself in Power Management as well as within the various Power Plans to maximize performance.  I have rolled back the adapter and updated it.  Most recently now, followed the advice of  Advance23 to reset the TCP/IP settings as well as reseting the Winsock catalogue...  No evdence yet that this has fixed the problem either....  Very frustrating though.

HP Recommended

After trying so many things to make this issue go away, I finally found a solution. Hopefully it works for you as well.

Everytime the connection goes out, simply go to the internet connection item on the right-hand side of the taskbar, and turn the wi-fi off. After you do that,turn the wi-fi on right away.It works for me 100% of the time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.