Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, change 3 battery new, but nothing. led is orange, after 10 hour flash white, but hp don't start. when I put ac adapter is ok, start. with battery only, don't start.bios diagnostic report this code: gu6gxq 5lg6jh mfpv4k co9j03 . can you help me? hp is out of warranty.

HP Recommended

Hello Svertus,

I believe you are stating the computer will not run off battery power only, is that correct? If so I will try and help you with this issue as best I can.

In order for me to better assist you could you please provide the full make and model of the PC you have.  Providing me that information will better help me help you. If you're uncertain where to locate that information follow this link.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

pavilion g6 1352el model  A9Y17EA@ABZ. error code : gu6gxq 5lg6jh mfpv4k co9j03  for one battery and : gu6gxq 69q6hj mfpv4k co9r03 . change 2 charger 609940-001. update to last bios, f9 default do, reset hardware do, plug and unplug battery do, other?

HP Recommended

Svertus,

Thank you for your instant response.

You have done a lot of work already, which is very helpful, thank you for that. Now at this point it sounds like an issue with the contacts on bottom of the computer that the battery connects to.

The different batteries that you tried, are they new batteries?

If I have been helpful or if you'd like to say thank you for me trying to help, click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. I really appreciate it.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

My latop is ''pavilion g6-2225TU''

Serial Number:   [Personal Information Removed]

Product Number:   C9L63PA

I have almost the same problem as above. I bought this laptop about 3 months ago. It worked just fine in the begining but now it has started displaying the message "plugged in, not charging''. I've tried what you asked. It worked for an hour or so but now it is displaying that message again.

HP Recommended

The LED goes to orange for a short while but then its back to white again. Kindly help me.

Thank You.

HP Recommended

I would recommend that you take look at the following document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Try the steps in it and let me know if they help to resolve your issue.

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

my laptop hp pavilion g6 1301 tx is not charging.i installed windows 8 .before i used windows 7.as it was not charging i removed battery and inserted it .then it is charging.after i switched on the system then it was not charging.again i uninstalled drivers for battery but it also did not show any result.. can any one help me

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion G6-2244nr and I have the same problem. Battery working and charger port working. Not charging. I need help. I folow all instrucctions and do not work for me. I update Bios and Drivers and nothing. Please Help   :manindifferent:

HP Recommended
I'm having this same issue with HP Pavilion G6 Notebook. HP Assistant recognises the battery however my laptop will not run off the battery nor will it charge. But the laptop will run off AC.

Followed all the instructions with no results also.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.