Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15-n096sa
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi, my laptops hinge has recently broken. this is through no fault of my own as i believe, as i never move my laptop, and i have left it open for the last 2 days due to myself being scared of opening/closing the lid as it makes a horrible clicking sound along with the hinge detaching from the bottom left corner of the screen. my laptop is working fine except the hinge. i have read through the other discussions and found out that most people that bought their laptops 3-4 years ago are experiencing this, my laptop was bought in 2013. I tried to superglue the screws together as i do not have the time to get my laptop fixed or even afford to fix it right now, as i know HP will try to charge me a ridiculous amount for such a tiny job as i am a student and have exams in 2 months. What do i do? i would fix the part myself but i cannot find any replacement parts for my laptop. I believe this is not fair for me as i did not even drop the laptop or even moved it around much as i am always doing work on my desk. My battery doesnt even lock on the same side of the hinge that broke, thats how out of place it is. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Muhtasiim

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello Muhtasiim,

In order to assist you I will need additional information.  

I look forward to your response,

Best regards,

Jeff Christopher

Executive Customer Relations

HP Inc

Palo Alto, California

I work for HP
HP Recommended
Hi can you private messag me please? I don't feel comfortable answering those questions here
HP Recommended

same here, i have hp envy m6 1102tx in India and after my warranty was over my hinge slowly started snapping. now i have my laptop in open state since last 1.5 years using it like a desktop and also got to know this is a huge issue. this was the only reason i stopped buying hp products or recommending to my family or friends. i show them my hp laptop. the service center quoted me huge price for which i can buy new laptop. my laptop  stillshines like new. this is such a pathetic issue which is widely known still no free service.

HP Recommended

@techauther

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Altho My HP Envy m6 has never been dropped or mishandled ,the left hinge is not working properly. This has led to the bezel severly cracking, making it nearly impossible to open and close without further damage. The right hinge is very stiff and is on the verge of breaking as well. I am a recent widow without an income and can't afford the cost of repairs. I need my computer for my job search. I've noted this seem to be a problem with this model and would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestion on how to resolve this issue.  This is my only computer. Please HELP!

HP Recommended

Hopefully I can receive some help as well. 

The arm screen hinges on my HP Envy m6 on both sides have completely removed themselves out of the bottom casing.  The laptop has not been dropped or slammed. The problem started small, but worsened over time from what I'm assuming is because of just opening and closing the laptop screen. Luckily my screen is still intact, but I cannot close my laptop completely. 

I purchased this laptop some time ago, so it's well and out of warranty for sure, but I would like to inquire on information about an official repair. I have priced computer repair shops around me, but they seem to only offer temporary solutions, such as gluing the hinges back into the casing. 

Because of this being a common problem amoungst Envy users, what solutions does HP offer to me with the computer's warranty being expired?

I too, look forward to your response and thank you in advanced.

R. Williams

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.