Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having truble switching off the FN key my computer is a Hp pavilion HPE with beats can u please help

HP Recommended

@Nero25, I see that you're having an issue disabling the FN keys. Have you tried the steps given above?

If not, please follow this document which guides you through a couple of steps on how to disable the FN+ Function keys. 

Please let me know the outcome. 

THX

HP Recommended

Goto the Bios  Pressing   by F10

Goto System Configure

Action key -> Disable the option

HP Recommended

after searching everywhere finally thank you for the correct answer !

HP Recommended

excuse me

when fn key is disabled in bios (action kesy=disable) then fn kesy is reversed automaticly

this is Good for Programmers 

for race in visual studio or when user want to rename files or etc...,

if action key is disabled so you dont need to rename files by pressing fn+F2, you just press F2 to rename

Thank you all users

.: Hessar :.
HP Recommended

lol. Yeah I have a similiar problem I want to disable the Fn Key because the keys are rather terrible.

Find the topic rather funny in an ironic sort of way.

How do I get my Fn Keys back?  Press F10 during start up.

you know what.

THAT DOESN'T WORK.

HA HA HA

Enjoy your terrible new keys!

your all going to hell, just saying, so enjoy yourself while you are alive.

and no FN + F10 also does not work.  the design choice is not terrible, its beyond that, its purposefully awful.  like you hate me.

So laugh now, laugh at your little joke.  I'll be laughing when you are burning in hell for eternity.

Holy hell never buying HP again.  good troll HP.  good troll.

HP Recommended

Sounds like you're having a bad day.  Sorry about that.  I read through you post, and quite a few others; it looks like you're not able to get to the BIOS to change back, or disable the funtion keys, as described in this article: Disable the Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models.

If that is really the case, perhaps a question about getting to the BIOS in your particular notebook, since it appears that you need to get there to disable the Fn keys,  would get better results.

Again, I'm sorry for your bad day, but as I read through the posts, most folks over the years found the suggestions helpful.

If you have more specific questions, I'm confident that some of the fellow computer users who enjoy helping one another would be willing to give it a try, when asked nicely.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you again,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

JUST LOCKING AND UNLOCKING FN KEY IS A PEICE OF CAKE....

PRESS FN + NUM LOCK... PERIOD. TO INSTANTLY LOCK AND AGAIN PRESS TO UNLOCK.

DONE!!!!

TX

HP Recommended

PRESS FN+ shift+number lk keys,

HP Recommended

If you press down Shift+Alt, your keyboard language change. Kinda **bleep**ed up, totally sucks when you're gaming.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.