Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just bought this new laptop about 2 months ago.so yesterday after shutting it down with the power cable attached,i tried to turn it on again but with no success.the power button lighted up when i pushed it but after few seconds the light went off.the fans,the screen and everything didnt seems to work too.i thought maybe the battery were running low so i left it charging until its full.later when i turn it on again its still the same.pls help me.
32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

First I would like to ask does the light show up right beside where you charge it(orange when charging white when done charging)? So if we can see if its just a simple problem with your cable, and if it doesnt show a light tell me if the charger works on other laptops.

HP Recommended
Before this it is orange but now it is white since it is fully charged.
HP Recommended

just bought hp pavilion  x360 it will not turn on it is plugged in and the light is white  please help

HP Recommended

Please help me,

I bought my x360 model 11 -n000sl not even one month ago, the first time I used it was fine but now, the second time it doesn't turn on at all. the power button light is white.

thanks for your help!

luisa

HP Recommended

Hello @lulupis , @Hashpea , and @charrisse ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your notebooks will not turn on. Take a moment to go through these documents for support with a notebook that won't boot:

Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps.
Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.
Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista) or Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎.

Let me know the results of these, or any blinking LED's. Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

this has happened to me also but my caps lock light is blinking. and sometimes the fan will come on for about 2 seconds then stop. what should i do?

HP Recommended

Yes I have the same problem.  When I turn on my HP Pavillion 11-n000F (it's almost new) I hear the fan go on for about 3 seconds and that's it. Apart from the caps lock blinking, nothing else happens.

HP Recommended

The guide posted above about blinking lights will tell you the error code based on the number of times the light blinks. Typically a blinking caps lock light requires service and it;s best to contact phone support.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the following link to get the support number for your region: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I recommend forcing power on (hold power down for 10-20 seconds), and if it works, go into boot mode and lower input of watts. This should work :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.