Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
I have an hp stream 11. Had it for 2 months now and all of a sudden when I plug it into a power source it does not turn on. No lights nothing. I bought a brand new power cord thinking that he other one might have broken. Same thing happens no lights and won't turn on. It has a sealed battery and I think I need a hard reset but I'm not sure please help me!! I use this for my personal business and I have an event I'm hosting on Saturday and all of my information for event is on this laptop!!!!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @Mparkerson1

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that your HP Stream 11 Notebook PC will not charge. 

Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also. 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

Did you receive any error messages?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Does the battery indicator LED, located near the power icon come on at all?

Does the battery indicator LED, does it always blink?

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a sealed or non-removable battery, use the following steps:

• Turn off the computer.
  • Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
  • Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
  • Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
  • For most notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds. 
  • Plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  • Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
  • If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
  • After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

If you manage to get the Notebook to come back on using the troubleshooting links in the questions above, please try:

• Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a ChargeIf your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced.
  • Hardware TestHP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and include your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

Thank you!

Have a great day! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have just purchased HP stream 11 three months ago, When I was working, it was completely charged. I properly shut it down and when after an hour I came and opened the lid, the power button was on (though I turned it off) and then it turned off. I pushed the power button on, but nothing displayed on screen. What's actually the prob?

I also read various posts and completely unplugged the battery hold the power button for 30 sec, but it didn't work out.

Kindly help me ASAP.

HP Recommended

@Sam1901,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Stream 11 Pro G2 Notebook PC does not power off after you press the power button.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Oh! Thanks.
HP Recommended

@Sam1901,

You are welcome.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.