Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-14-2016 02:16 AM
01-15-2016 08:49 AM
Hi there @Mparkerson1,
Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that your HP Stream 11 Notebook PC will not charge.
Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also.
Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet.
Did you receive any error messages?
Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights?
Have you done a BIOS reset?
Does the battery indicator LED, located near the power icon come on at all?
Does the battery indicator LED, does it always blink?
To perform a hard reset on a computer with a sealed or non-removable battery, use the following steps:
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- For most notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds.
- Plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
- If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
- After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.
If you manage to get the Notebook to come back on using the troubleshooting links in the questions above, please try:
- Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge. If your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced.
- A Hardware Test. HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong.
Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.
Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution.
If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and include your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).
Have a great day! 🙂
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
04-18-2017 04:53 AM
I have just purchased HP stream 11 three months ago, When I was working, it was completely charged. I properly shut it down and when after an hour I came and opened the lid, the power button was on (though I turned it off) and then it turned off. I pushed the power button on, but nothing displayed on screen. What's actually the prob?
I also read various posts and completely unplugged the battery hold the power button for 30 sec, but it didn't work out.
Kindly help me ASAP.
04-19-2017 07:24 AM - edited 04-19-2017 07:25 AM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that your HP Stream 11 Pro G2 Notebook PC does not power off after you press the power button.
This could be a hardware issue with the unit.
Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp
You have a good day ahead.
04-19-2017 07:51 AM
You are welcome.
I also appreciate your time and patience.
Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.