Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 p158sa
Windows 8.1

Like so many others on this forum, my new HP Pavilion laptop has the wrong warranty start date.

The laptop was only purchased on 11th January 2015. However the start date of the warranty is 10/11/2014.

Obviously I would like this corrected.

Before anyone asks. Yes I can prove it.

Thanks in advance

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jtsnr ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @Jtsnr ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Just wanted to let you know my warranty issue has now been resolved. 

Hopefully won't need it

Regards

James

HP Recommended

Same here. I purchased a notebook on the 05.02.2015 (I have a regular invoice for the purchased item) but if I visit the webpage to check the warranty, it expires on the 22.11.2015. I called the support and the lady (very nice I have to say) told me it is "normal" because HP automatically updates the info according to the manufacturing date. So my question is: why does HP make a website to check the warranty status if this isn't correct? And why can't they correct the information so that the wesite makes sense? 

What can I do in order to have the correct information?

Thanks!

Katia

HP Recommended

@KatiaG ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Ok thanks! I will check my mail for a reply!
😊
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as well. 

I bought my laptop on 16th August but the warranty checker displayed my warranty end date as 9th July.

And yes, I have the receipt to prove it.

HP Recommended

I just bought a new Spectre X360 today and check to find out the warranty start date is wrong. How to fix this?  I have receipt and would like to have the warranty start date updated to today's date. Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue - color laser printer purchased in April 2016, warranty said started in January 2016 when connected and set up the same day.

I have tried several times, phone, email, webchat (doesn't work) and have had no luck.  I have sent scanned copies of the receipt, have a ticket number for the calls/issue, and have not heard anything back from the email (other than the reply saying they don't support by email, when I was told to email to that address!)

I would love it if somehow, when I log in to check warranty status on the help site at HP (where you download updates, check warranty, etc) that the warranty dates are corrected without me having to go through all of this again.

They want me to take a survey on how well the response was.  I'm holding off at this point, for a small tidbit of positive response.

Anyone have a good suggestion?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I BROUGHT MY HP NOTEBOOK ON 25/3/2016 FROM  FLIPKART WITH 1 YEAR WARRANTY .

BUT THE Warranty end dateFebruary 13, 2017

IT WORNG...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.