Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hey there,
My laptop only turns on if the battery is charged in another laptop then put into mine, then while turned on it will continue to charge the battery and work normally.
But it will not turn on with just the charger plugged in OR with a flat battery, it will also not charge the battery if it is turned off.

Worst of all if the laptop is turned off for more than 5 minutes then the battery instantly goes flat.
So I again must charge it in a different laptop to be able to turn mine on.

It's not the battery nor the charger as I have tried my friends of each which work perfectly fine in his laptop but I still have the same problems with them.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Specimen

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

I'd be glad to help you 🙂

As I Understand the laptop is plugged into the adapter/charger but it doesn't charge unless the computer is powered on,

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the swift response, apologies on my slow one 😛
i shall give that a go, though currently i am unable to turn it on as the battery is flat and it needs to be on to charge 😛 shall aim to go to a friends house with the same laptop so i can charge mine on his laptop as soon as possible, then give your suggestion a go.

HP Recommended

Hi@Specimen,

I thank you for the reply.

Take your time and perform the steps and update me likewise for further assistance.

Cheers.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.