Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I performed all the steps mentioned but its is still showing "0% available (plugged in, not charging)" Is there anything that I can do?
HP Recommended
I performed all the steps but my laptop is still showing "0%plugged in not charging" What can I do?
HP Recommended
Now,I had the same issue with my laptop and it was very frustrating.I sent it to hp in Nigeria the told me I will change the mother board which I did..After the laptop came back I noticed it powered on but was not chartering.Trust me I was frustrated,I tried all on the internet it did not work.I open the system my self picked up a toothbrush and got myself a kerosene and brush the power unit and left it to dry.After being dried volia it picked up and started charging.So it might be a clog around the charging IC...SO try that.Good luck
HP Recommended
Worked well for me. Thank you so much!!!
HP Recommended
Hi all,
I am having the same problem with my HP SPECTRE 360. My laptop has shut down due to 0% charge and I cannot perform any of the steps mentioned here. What do I do now??? Help I need to start my laptop asap !!!!!!
HP Recommended
After completing these steps my laptop screen will not come on. My power button and Wifi button is glowing so I know my laptop is on, but the screen is black.
HP Recommended

Hi @Bethany95hayden,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding with the notebook not working after trying some steps relating to battery issues. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Is there a light by the power button and the power port where the charger plugs in?
  • Does it work with a charger connected?
  • Did you try to hook it up to an external monitor and check if there is a display?
  • Did you perform a hard reset on the computer?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer and the operating system used?

For a start please perform a hard reset from this link: http://hp.care/2ujvI07 and check if the issue gets resolved.

• Then check if fires up with the charger connected.
  • If it does not then please connect it to an external TV via an HDMI cable and check if there is a display.
  • If there is a display then you screen of the computer is faulty and needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.

Otherwise please continue with the guided troubleshooter.

• Also, perform all the relevant steps that best match your current issue.
  • The computer starts, but the display is blank or unresponsive
  • Troubleshooting other issues with computer not starting
  • LED lights blink but the computer does not start

These are some steps that you need to go through. IF it still does not get resolved, please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sir i have perform everthing but still it shows plugged in but not charging. My battery status is ok.
What to do now!
HP Recommended

I was getting the "plugged in not charging ' error. I went through all of the steps and noting worked. I read a post pointing out that it might be the plug.  My issue is now resolved the the laptop is charging while on. 

Here was the issue. My plug was not able to fully insert into my laptop. I have an HP Envy. Inside of the plug is a wire. If that wire is bent, the plug can't insert into the computer all the way. The picture below shows the plug with the bent inside wire.  That was my problem. To straighten the wire, I inserted a tiny flat head micro screw driver and I was able to straighten the wire back to center. I plugged it back into the computer and I was able to fully insert it. That solved the problem. bent plug.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for you 1st class help - worked a treat. Ta 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.