Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Epir 

If you still have the Red x over your wireless connection in the systray, and you went through the section for that problem in this process Resolving Universal WLAN, Wireless, and Wi-Fi Errors  did you try under step five -

The WLAN does not function properlyRemove and install the same WLAN module.

I include the service manual for that family of notebooks to help with that. Look at page 42 for those instructions.

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

If  reseating it does not work then it is likely that the board is defective, and will require replacement. If you choose to do that then please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thank you for your help, replaced keyboard, now it works perfectly fine.
HP Recommended

Mine is a G6R37UA#ABA.  The wireless just stopped working all of a sudden tonight.  I am using an ethernet cable right now.  I bought this computer a week ago Friday, although I only took it out and really started using it over this past weekend.  Just installed MS Office 2013 yesterday.  I worked from it yesterday and today.  All was working perfectly fine, until it wasn't.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Turn laptop off. Unplug it. Take out the battey. Plug it back in and turn it back on. Wait till you see it connected. Replace battery and you should not have this issue again. If that doesnt work throw it off a freeway overpass or return to HP.

HP Recommended

LOL, I'll try that in future.  After reviewing a bunch of responses about reinstallation of drivers and such, doing that, and doing a million and two updates (crazy how many updates it already needed), it rediscovered our wireless network.  Hopefully, it won't occur again, but if it does, I'll try the battery option.   Thanks for all the suggestions. 

HP Recommended

My laptop Pavillion , won't conect to the internet, at all.

HP Recommended

Hi there @lachachamicaila 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your notebook. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also is there anything else you can tell me about your situation? Have you noticed any other performance issues?

Are any other devices able to connect to your wireless network?

Have you tried connecting to a different network, such as at a friends home?

Did it previously work?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I was on the internet and downloading a picture n it froze, now it wont connect to crntrylink 4425, it only shows broadband
HP Recommended
I can not connect to download BIOS...am I missing something?
HP Recommended
I can not get a wifi connection to download BIOS...am I missing something.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.