Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@jorgemartins

According to this HP document on upgrading- all versions of HP Security Tools/Client Security Tools require uninstalling prior to Windows 10 upgrade.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04734799

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Cheryl,

That's what I am trying to avoid. As I can see everyone was able to upgrade without uninstalling this.

HP Recommended

I've got the fix on http://www.thewindowsclub.com/make-windows-installer-work-in-safe-mode

You need to boot in Windows 10 in Safe Mode, then you need to follow the command pompt above to enable Safe Mode Un-Installer.

Remember the HP Protect Tools has other features to delete first.

HP Face Recoginition

HP File Sanitizer

HP Privacy Manger for HP Tools

HP Theft Recovery

HP Drive Encryption for HP

HP Protect tools device access Manager.

After you have done this you need to only re-start do not restart after every Uninstall, just click NO

Good luck and as the old saying goes the Girls RULE

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. It is impossibile to uninstall  HP Protect Tools Security Manager (v. 6.08.1017).

Jarbas

HP Recommended

I finally got all but some traces of HPTSM deleted, after deleting all of the dependent programs. I got Windows 10 update done. But now I am unable to get the fingerprint scanner to work. It shows up in Device Manager as working okay and drivers installed. However in Win10 Settings, Logins, the option to enable the fingerprint scanner does not appear.  Now what?

The first time I tried to uninstall HPTSM, I uninstalled all of the dependent programs, but did not reboot after each one. I was not able to uninstall HPTSM.   I reverted to the original Win 7 boot drive and tried again, this time rebooting after every dependent program uniinstall. I also used Revo Uninstaller Pro (30 day trial) and searched for and deleted all traces of those programs. Then I was able to uninstall HPTSM with Revo and delete all traces from the registry.  However, when I booted Windows 10 there was still a delay for 30 seconds or so with a box with the fingerprint scanner logo until it finally timed out and asked if I wanted to start up without biometric functionality, and I said ok.

One of the prerequisites to enable the fingerprint scanner in Win10 is to first set up a PIN login, which I did. After that, there was no longer the 30 second delay to sign in, and I was offered the PIN signin, which worked. But STILL, nothing I could do would let me setup the fingerprint scanner in Windows login settings.

Has anyone been able to get fingerprint scanner to work in Win 10?

@Jarbasdias wrote:

I have the same problem. It is impossibile to uninstall  HP Protect Tools Security Manager (v. 6.08.1017).

Jarbas

HP Recommended

Hello Guys! Why do you want to remove HP ProtectTools? You are going to lose the finger print recognition feature with windows 10. So I think it's better if you just update it.

You can find all instructions and links to update the software and the driver here before upgrading to Windows 10: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Hp-ProtectTools-Security-Manage...

regards,

JG

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Revo uninstaller Pro is an uninstaller program. I sent a message asking about the program's features and he was able to uninstall HP Security Manager. The message below clarifies the matter. You know this program? What do you think?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Revo Uninstaller Pro should be able to perform this, however we advise you to use Revo Uninstaller Pro.
It has full 64-bit support and much improved leftover scanning algorithm.

It has a 30-day fully functional trial period which you can download here:
http://www.revouninstallerpro.com/download-professional-version.php

If it is listed among the installed applications in Revo Uninstaller Pro, simply select it, click Uninstall, and follow the Wizard's instructions.

If you cannot see it in the list, you can try Forced Uninstall: click the Forced Uninstall button, enter the program's exact name and/or folder path (via the Browse for -> Folder button), and click Next. Revo Uninstaller Pro will scan your computer for data related to the program, and will give you an option to remove them.

Also, it is possible that Forced Uninstall in Safe Mode might be a better idea if it has active process, services or drivers.
If you don't know how to boot in Safe Mode, you can take a look at this tutorial:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

If you have any questions or problems related to Revo Uninstaller do not hesitate to contact us again!

HP Recommended

i have hp 8770w

now i used windows 10 ; i tried many uninstaller : revo ; geek ... but always i got problem when tried to login

and my password didn't work ; this happened every time i uninstalled hp protecttools and delete all registry keys

the only solution ( i tried that twice ) is to install the new version of hp client security

not all solutions work in all laptops or pcs ; so be careful before uninstall anything

and backup your files

HP Recommended

@Julien-Garrigue wrote:

Hello Guys! Why do you want to remove HP ProtectTools? You are going to lose the finger print recognition feature with windows 10. So I think it's better if you just update it.

You can find all instructions and links to update the software and the driver here before upgrading to Windows 10: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Hp-ProtectTools-Security-Manage...

regards,

JG

The answer to why is because the Windows 10 update install says HP ProtectTools must be uninstalled before proceeding.   I finally got the fingerprint scanner working by downloading a new driver from Lenovo as detailed on another thread about the fingerprint scanner.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.