Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Best to use plastic tool. With electronics there is potential capacitors and such that can still be shorted out and/or damaged

HP Recommended

Message to Haikou and Beekhuysen:

At first I was just focused on that this problem should be software-related, but after some times I began to study the assembly of the wires. Therefore, I discovered that the power cord was plugged into the computer, but it lacked 2 millimeters in the power cord connecting into the computer. Closer examination showed that there was a residual molding rubber plug on the power cord, which prevented a proper connection. I got a new line and then disappeared problem.

It was for me a proof that the annoying popup message was in fact a correct message to me on the computer is not getting enough power compared to what it needed. But the solution was not to get a power supply with a higher capacity, but solely to obtain a power supply with a normal capacity without defects.

Best regards to all members

HP Recommended

rj74210 (Student) posted a new Reply in Other Notebook PC Questions on 03-23-2015 09:46 AM.

I want to thank him for giving this reply, which is some kind of insistence that there may well be physical causes of the very tiring popupMessage and that you therefore must examine your computer and the connection between the computer and the power supply cord carefully for defects before you order a power supply cord with a higher capacity.

Best regards and thanks

Aage-DK

HP Recommended

First look inside the connector.

Look in the adapter end

AND look in the computer end.

As posted here, there may be residue or small object preventing good connection.

HP Recommended

I got the message for a week or two.

I didn't do anything and it went away (for 2 weeks now)

So I will never know if it was hardware or software problem. :-(((

HP Recommended

Hi joel1952

I appriciate your conclusion. Doing so will prevent you for unnessary costs.

Best regards,

Aage-DK

HP Recommended

I agree Joel ,

Harware or Software?

Is the laptop charging normally with your  (new/original) adopter? Required ouput is ok?

Is it possible for you to rotate adopters  (from shop or friend) with the same output?  If ithe message keeps turning up you know it is not a hardware issue.

Since I deleted the file 2 years ago  (see first message) the laptop has been  functioning fine and charging normally.

Without these eroneous pop messages.  🙂

HP Recommended

The problem ist not this lousy popup message, the problem is that the laptop then switches to some power saving plan with 0,7Ghz which needs a couple of re-boots to go away.

HP Recommended

David P's comments describes other problems with this Smart Adapter popup message, but it does not explain why  the Smart Adapter popup message occur at all. It is important to understand that there can be three kind of reasons for this popup message:

1. The user gets the popup message because he has a cable which has been marked with the special sign, which qualify the user to get a new cable from HP free of charge.
  2. The user has a extreme hard work, which is higher than the normal cable is designed for, why the user needs to buy a new cable which can match the users demand of work and
  3. The computer's own system is designed to report if there are other reasons for a low electric power from the cable. The user needs to control all parts of the cable, not only the part which is refunded in 1). If there is left some extra rubber from the production of the cable, it can be the reason for a low level of electric power. In this case HP also needs to refund a new cable without failure.

Best regards to all.

Aage-DK

HP Recommended

It appears to have worked for me.  I realize it's been two years since you posted your solution, but this pop up silliness just started yesterday for me!

Regards,

MB

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.