Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hey Sibu16 i have disabled my automatic driver updates as suggested and installed all windows 8.1 drivers except for intel HD Graphics drivers and since than my PC is shutting down/sleeping without any issues.Used my Pc for a whole day without anymore issues at all.i hope its a fix for me although i still suspect that the issue will resurface after a day or two as none of the solution mentioned worked for me for a long period.i have little hope for its long term effect but lets see what happens.Will update the form in a day either it remain fixed or not.

HP Recommended

hey Sibu16 i have disabled my automatic driver updates as suggested and installed all windows 8.1 drivers except for intel HD Graphics drivers and since than my PC is shutting down/sleeping without any issues.Used my Pc for a whole day without anymore issues at all.i hope its a fix for me although i still suspect that the issue will resurface after a day or two as none of the solution mentioned worked for me for a long period.i have little hope for its long term effect but lets see what happens.Will update the form in a day either it remain fixed or not.

HP Recommended

Speaking of spying issues guys, take a look at this....

Link:

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/

Microsoft is spying on people like "Big Brotha is always watching" stuff. Its recording your history,your skype and facebook friends can connect to your wifi when there near you automatically even if its protected,your browser history being stored in microsoft servers AND MOST IMPORTANT OF THEM ALL cortana is a spy machine! DO READ THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE

HP Recommended

@Sultanjohn7 wrote:

Your problem will not resurface, unless and untill you have the v.9 of the Intel Management Interface driver. It has been seen that users doing a clean installation of Windows 10, get directly the latest version of that IME driver i.e. v.11, which is causing issues regarding power management(shutdown/sleep/hibernate/restart). Just check in the Device Manager, if your IME driver is v.11 then you are not out of problem. Just uninstall it, it may need a reboot to do so afterwards and then install a downgraded version of that driver, preferably v.9 versions from this link.

This solution looks to be working for many users. For me, its been 2.5 days since I got no problems. But the thing is, I am on Windows 8.1 drivers for all the drivers except for my display adapters

HP Recommended

@Sat3rn wrote:

Speaking of spying issues guys, take a look at this....

Link:

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/

Microsoft is spying on people like "Big Brotha is always watching" stuff. Its recording your history,your skype and facebook friends can connect to your wifi when there near you automatically even if its protected,your browser history being stored in microsoft servers AND MOST IMPORTANT OF THEM ALL cortana is a spy machine! DO READ THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE

This is why Windows 7 is and will be the best OS, however performance on Windows 8.1 is a bit better than 7. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

For me it also works for a little bit more than a day, keep my fingers crossed.

I just installed the 9xxxxx version of the intel management thingy from the HP website under windows 8.1 drivers. I had to manually assign that driver in device manager but after that it stayed there without windows automatically trying to upgrade it through windows update. I don't have updates disabled and also no updates hidden.

The one that is giving me a hard time driver wise is the intel HD graphics since windows, HP and Intel all seem to favor their own version even if the one installed is the same version, but that is unrelated to this sleep mode problem that seems to be fixed with the intel management engine rollback.

HP Recommended
I'm trying version 9 of the IME driver as well. If this doesn't fix it, I'm going back to Windows 8.1... The amount of time wasted and frustration caused by this issue is too much to deal with any longer.
HP Recommended

@Sibu16 wrote:

@Sultanjohn7 wrote:

Your problem will not resurface, unless and untill you have the v.9 of the Intel Management Interface driver. It has been seen that users doing a clean installation of Windows 10, get directly the latest version of that IME driver i.e. v.11, which is causing issues regarding power management(shutdown/sleep/hibernate/restart). Just check in the Device Manager, if your IME driver is v.11 then you are not out of problem. Just uninstall it, it may need a reboot to do so afterwards and then install a downgraded version of that driver, preferably v.9 versions from this link.

This solution looks to be working for many users. For me, its been 2.5 days since I got no problems. But the thing is, I am on Windows 8.1 drivers for all the drivers except for my display adapters

Thanks alot @Sibu16 for the help !! 🙂 yeah mine is 9.xxxx so i guess /hope the issue doesn't come back again.

HP Recommended

The IME driver rollback seems to work also for me. Tried sleep and reboot only twice, but I'll keep reporting the situation. I tried to put the pc into sleep even while writing this message. All good. Woke up moving the mouse and also by pushing the power button. Now I'll try a full shutdown. Fingers crossed 

HP Recommended

I had gone back to Windows 8.1 a few weeks back ad though of using it until the solution for this problem is found. But now I see that IME downgrading back to v.9 works for all. What do u guys say ? Should i upgrade and use this method or stay on windows 8.1 until a permanent solution comes up ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.