Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I was playing dota2 and suddenly screen went bad for no reason at all, what I saw is massive horizontal pink lines with some green highlights too and everything looks like its moving up and down in super speed. Its like watching a 3d movie without 3d glasses but worse. This problem is there on boot screen also not just on windows login.
I am clueless cause both gpu's seem to be detected as working in device manager and i never rough used my laptop or even removed those plastic cover it came with.
I need to get this fixed fast, what do I do? I doubt long hours of keeping the laptop running can cause this! Can it? All i do is email and small ms office.

List of things i tried:
Restarted, updated AMD drivers chipset since my card is AMD, disabled Intel and AMD gpu one by one and restarted.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

WP_000164.jpgWP_000164.jpg

HP Recommended

@dizzy123 ,

Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums. What generally causes this is the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard.  It happens over time due to opening and closing and causing the cord to flex.

So that I am better to help you with your issue could you please post back with your systems key information.

Use this link to find your Full Model and Product Number

Please post back soon.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP pavilion15
[Moderator edited] :SERIAL
E0Y35EA :PRODUCT

So its a display ribbon problem? Can to direct me to an engineer of HP in my country?

HP Recommended

ok got a call from hp care and they said screen needs replacing and it come to 5000rs that is 100dollars humph!!

HP Recommended

It has been fixed, My screen was replaced for 5.1k.
The cause for this screen damage according to the hp care guy is:: The charger being plugged in all the time when laptop is functional, according to him the changer has to be removed if the battery is full otherwise it would just cause trouble and then it would lead to these kind of scenarios.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.