Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The battery life on the Spectre x360 that I just got is absolutely awful. Running the default installation of Windows, I'm lucky to get 4 hours of battery life using the HP Recommended powerplan while browsing the internet on a stable WiFi network with the screen brightness set to the absolute minimum. Is there anything that I can do to fix this issue or would my best bet be to contact HP directly? I bought this laptop solely based off of the claims that it could get up to 12 hours on battery and the fact that I'm lucky to see a third of that is appalling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please check your messages. It would be helpful to have some additional info.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
HP Recommended

I'm also experiencing really poor battery life relative to the claims of 12.5 hours. With screen brightness set to minimum and browsing the internet my battery life struggles to make 5-6 hours.

Perhaps in that time I'll double up on tabs, listen to some music but still, 12.5 hours doesn't seem achievable.

Could HP advise on the best settings and power plan to achieve 12.5 hours? Are there any apps that are known to drain battery that users commonly keep/install without being aware of it? Is there anything on the shipped config system that wasn't on the test system?

I'm not a stickler for battery life - it will always vary per user - but if its used as a core marketing point we need some guidance on how to achieve it in the real world!

Please help guys.

HP Recommended

Please check your messages. It would be helpful to have some additional info.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

03/26/15 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

03/26/15 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

So what was the resolve? Jsut ordered my x360 today and saw this post.

HP Recommended

Just an update, HP sent me a replacement Spectre x360 a few weeks ago and it is working perfectly. I'm getting an average of a little over 11 hours (with the same hardware) with the same usage pattern. Very impressed with the customer support, the problem was handled quickly and professionally.

HP Recommended

I also would like to know what the resolution is, as I too recently purchased a Spectre x360 and am fortunate if I get 4hrs of battery life from it under very similar usage.

Rik.

*bump*

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same  problem.  I called the customer support number, not very helpfull, they said the average is ~ 5 hours but he would transfer me to a department that could help test the battery, he transfered me to the department in which I was greeted with a lovely message that they had already closed for the day.  So frustrated, need Help!

HP Recommended
@BeanJones - I contacted support via Twitter and they were more responsive, however, from their response (test battery, calibrate battery, test battery again), I'm starting to feel that the only way to achieve the claimed 12.5 hours (a synthetic figure, I think, generated using Bapco MobileMark), is to have it in airplane mode and not actually use it at all 😕

Yesterday, I flew to the US with mine and switched to airplane mode. I watched movies on it for four of the ten hour flight and the battery was at 43% when I finished. This was actually better than I expected. On that (very unscientific) basis, I might have got eight hours out of it.

I'm starting to think that twelve-plus hours isn't really achievable if you actually want to use it to do work on; my usual pattern of use sometimes includes Canon Digital Photo Professional software for image editing in the field; this seems to knacker any hopes of impressive battery endurance 😞

Would be interested to hear the official way to attain over ten hours of life out of it.

R.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.