Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Serial number - (removed  content) , cannot locate the label with the Build ID & Feature byte info, trying to get to the Serial Number Repository, the information is supposed to be there.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

That is in the BIOS.

Check System Information for the build ID and feature byte info.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The BIOS is blank and I cannot locate the lable with the inofrmation, Build ID & Feature Byte, therefore I cannot load the correct information.

HP Recommended

@DT-Miller wrote:

The BIOS is blank and I cannot locate the lable with the inofrmation, Build ID & Feature Byte, therefore I cannot load the correct information.

If you are able to press the power button and boot to Windows, the BIOS is working and therefore, not "blank", as you stated.

Press the power button and immediately begin tapping the F10 key. That should invoke the BIOS. Click on the system information tab. That is where the information that you seek is located.

If you are unable to boot to Windows or even see a POST screen then you have a different problem.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I am able to access the BIOS, the issue is someone replaced the Motherboard in the laptop, did not transfer the DMI information label for the Build ID & Feature Byte and in the BIOS this information is blank, so how do I get the information to program the DMI?

HP Recommended

Use the HP Support Assistant. At the bottom of each window the product number is present. Provide that to me and I may be able to help you.

I just looked at the information available to us and I can't see how we can help you find that information. Feature Byte is pretty inhouse specific.

Is the notebook not working properly?

Re: how do I get the information to program the DMI?

I guess that means that you bought it second hand with defects.

I would return it to the seller. Getting featurebyte information directly from HP may not be easy nor free.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, our HP Onsite rep is going to come and repair the situation. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.